1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Could Form the Superteam to End All Superteams in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Per the USAtoday article mentioned in the article:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...n-rockets-lebron-james-free-agency/937335001/

JuNx, djperm, LCAhmed and 9 others like this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Dat media conspiracy doe

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It won’t work. Too much passing.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Man I'm already getting a little tired of this.

Let's worry about winning with what we got. We can worry about ring chasers later.

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

How much would we have to gut the team for this to actually happen? The article talks about how deep the team is but we would have to lose some of that depth signing Lebron. But then again I'm amazed at the magic Morey worked when we traded everyone for Chris Paul and rebuilt the bench with the Tucker and Bootay additions

Roc Paint, hakeem94 and banzai like this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  7. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Sign CP3 and LeBron for vet minimum and go 98-0

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Media & that Golden State homer Sam Amick trying to disrupt/derail the Rockets great season. @Os Trigonum Don't fall for it! Focus on the task/season at hand! ;)

USA Today
    The Ringer
    now coming up on 'Undisputed'
    ...in before ESPN/Brian Windhorst does an article

Shannon: Houston, we would not have a problem. I could see it happening. Chris Paul is one of his absolute best friends. He said he would love to play with all 4 of his friends. That won't happen. Harden next year is $30M. I don't see Chris Paul playing for $20M. He wants those big time bucks. LeBron said he's not playing for anything less than max. You'll probably have to get rid of Anderson & Eric Gordon. (Skip: So who's left? Playing 3 on 5?) Clint Capela will be restricted with the right to match. Someone will throw Otto Porter money at him. I don't see how it happens. Could it happen? Yes. But at what cost do you diminish or deplenish everything else? I just don't see it. It sounds good. Last week, we were talking about him buying another house in LA. Week before that, it was the Sixers. Before you know it, the Warriors will be in play for LeBron.

Skip: Rockets are just on fire right now. Let's do the hypothetical; dethrone GS, they get to the Finals, they beat the Cavs & LeBron goes KD & joins the champion Rockets.

Shannon: If we go join a team, you won't be in the NBA FInals before. We bring you from the bottom to the top.

Skip: So you need Houston to flame out, as they did against the Spurs?

Shannon: We get to go where we want & we will be the favorites.

Skip: Didn't think Chris & James would click. Even though Chris has been hurt, they are clicking at a higher rate than I thought. ... How many shots are there to be had with those 3?

Shannon: Therein lies the greatness of LeBron. He doesn't need to score. He can rebound, assist, score - what do you need? Blocks? Steals? Help an old lady cross the street?

#8 J.R., Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    RockingRox, sammy, Deuce and 5 others like this.
  9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

as long as Lebron is willing to give up more than the Rockets (and Paul leave some some on the table), I think Morey can make it happen

10. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Maybe Anderson will be easier to trade now since he has 2 years left now and he's showing he's a much better player than last year so far. We probably have to get rid of gordon also, if he plays back to his normal self, that will be easy to get rid of. I'm sure Morey has already thought of all the scenarios to make it work, and if Lebron tells Cleveland, I'm leaving would they do a sign and trade and that would definitely make it easier for the Rockets to make it work. Clint's contract will be tricky, I think that's the trickiest part. CP3 and Lebron will have to probably just take a little bit less than max. Looking forward to this offseason but I'm excited to see how the team plays in the playoffs with 2 superstars now. In Morey, I trust.

Roc Paint and Von Rafer like this.
  11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They'd have to move Ryno for sure. That's not a big loss since LeBron would replace him in the starting lineup. But odds are EG would have to be dealt as well. Ariza is a free agent and would likely be gone. Mbah a Moute is making the minimum and would be looking for a raise, but he might be gone no matter what happens with LeBron or any other free agent signing for the Rockets next summer. And I'd have to assume that if the Rockets were seriously targeting LeBron, they'd match any offer Capela received.

So basically we'd be looking at:

Starters -

C - Capela
    PF - LeBron
    SF - Mbah a Moute(or some other free agent if he can't be resigned)
    SG - Harden
    PG - Paul

Bench -

Tucker
    Nene
    Williams
    Onuaku
    Joe Cheese

The starting 5 would be unbelievable. But the bench would be gutted. So Morey would have his work cut out for him. If he could somehow find a way to hang onto EG, then I'd be a lot less concerned.

And then there's the biggest question(and one I'd be happy to have to deal with) of what happens if the Rockets beat the Warriors and win the whole thing THIS SEASON? Would LeBron James really join a team that just won the title without him? That would be viewed as an even weaker move than Durant joining the Warriors in 2016. At least that Golden State team came up short(albeit barely) in the Finals.

12. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

man we are already putting close to 120 a game without breaking sweat.. and we havent totally figured out how to optimize our offense.. as great as Lebron is i dont think we can add any more to this offense.. the best chance we have is add stiffling defenders.. I magine if we average 118 ppg, which we have been doing and keep opponents at 100-102 ppg.. that would be all time delta, if we are completely healthy we could win 75 games.. now obviously we haven't been tested against elite competition, but having two of the best dribble penetrators, we really need elite shooters and defenders..

Kendrick Lamar and hakeem94 like this.
  13. HiddenFlawe

HiddenFlawe Member

14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Media trying to create division in the Rockets locker room by making players answer if they're gonna still be there "when" LeBron arrives:eek:

Maybe we underestimated the conspiracy:confused:

Roc Paint, J.R. and hakeem94 like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets can move Anderson and Gordon and make it work.

You would lose bench scoring with Gordon, but you can slide LeBron into the 4.

slothy420 and Deuce like this.
  16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

we are going to win the chip this year anyway

s3ts, LCII, Plowman and 3 others like this.
  17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I hope these guys will sacrifice and leave money on the table (from biggest to smallest $)
    1. Lebron
    2. Capela
    3. Cp3
    4. Lmm
    5. Ariza

Ariza is the glue which holds all these guys together

D-rock likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol, idiots like Skip are still not able to understand that smart players and great passers like Harden, Paul and Lebron can always play together...and at the same time they were saying dumb players who can't pass like Wetbrook, Melo and George would've been great...rofl.

19. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

you mean bobby buckets is the glue

D-rock likes this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

What yard line is LeBron to Houston on?

Please bump when we get to the 2.