1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Remember when we were complaining about the off-season?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Remember when we were all complaining a out the off-season? Not spending cap, not fixing the line, not resigning Kareem or Mattheiu?

Well, what fools we are. We just had the best off-season in the history possibly.

I'm not sure who gets credit. I think some goes to Gaine and some to O'Brien, but the moves O'Brien has made are looking great. Let's review.

We let Kareem Jackson walk. He's playing safety exclusively now on a bad team.

We signed Bradley Roby to a one year deal, essentially making it a trade for Kareem. I'd take Roby. He's been lights out. We need to lock him up long term.

We let Honey Badger walk. He was more a personality than a great player. The times I've seen him this year, he's his same old self, blowing coverages and talking himself up.

Instead, we signed Gipson. He's been a great addition for the area where we've been terrible - tight ends. I'll take him over Honey Badger.

We signed Darren Fells. Who? Surely he won't make the team! He's been pretty good. The wrinkle of having him block and then go into the flats on RPOs was huge in today's game.

We didn't sign any linemen. Everyone freaked. What are we doing with all that cap?

The draft comes around and we draft linemen jn the first two rounds, and initially they're playing guard when we need tackles. They're great.

Lonnie Johnson has been coming on well. Omenihu (spelling?) is coming on.

Trade for Duke, but everyone freaks because it's too steep. He's been good. Worth it.

Trade Rankin, who wasnt going to make the team for Hyde. Awesome.

Mortgage the future for Tunsil and Stills. Say what you want, but this trade was great. We've gone from one of the worst lines to arguably a top ten line with these additions.

I'm still bitter about the Clowney trade. I've not even seen Mingo anywhere, but Martin is coming on. I wish we could have gotten more. But the defense is just as good as Mercilus is playing great.

It's just nice to look back and see that we may have actually hit a home run this off-season. Remember when we were all mad about it?

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

pepperidge farm remembers

likestohypeguy likes this.
  3. Nimo

Nimo Member

The miscues of the off-season aren't absolved by the regular season. I can compartmentalize lol. I always thought this was a division-winning team.

Remember the off-season during the draft next year when we still feel 2 1st round picks was a lot for Tunsil and a 3rd was not enough for Clowney.

Houstunna, csj and Nook like this.
  4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Remember when the same threads keep getting made every week, just worded differently?

Houstunna, javal_lon and Sajan like this.
  5. body slam

body slam Member

no love for Hyde?

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The off-season will play out over the next several drafts and seasons. They got better this year though

Nook likes this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well we complain so much, so no.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Let’s give them something to talk about