1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Remember hanging out with other people

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by studogg, Aug 10, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Can't remember.

2. Roscoe Arbuckle

You f***ing moron. I'm not doing anything outside the rules. I wear a stupid mask when I go into businesses, primarily because it isn't the employee's fault we had a 29 year old idiot implement their use.

You posted a thread. I answered your question. You're the one who has whined about the answer ever since.

What exactly has changed in your lifestyle? Hmm?

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No, that's just your face.

4. Roscoe Arbuckle

Why are you so obsessed with me? You almost always are the first to respond.

Start dating or something.

5. KingCheetah

Settle down Mariah.

deb4rockets and TWS1986 like this.
  6. Roscoe Arbuckle

You've literally responded to nearly every post I make. You're either obsessed with me or obsessed with reading every thread on here.

Please get outside.

7. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Yeah King Cheetah get outside!

KingCheetah likes this.
  8. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

I hang out with 1-2 friends that I’ve known for a long long time,

I’m tired of seeing them :(

9. KingCheetah

[​IMG]

10. Roscoe Arbuckle

Mmkay. I'm just going to add every time you respond to anything I say.

11. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Lol. I shouldn't have made fun of you, i apologize. I actually find your posts entertaining. Not necessarily enlightened, but that's not what you are going for anyway.

12. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Certainly not enlightening, lol.

studogg likes this.
  13. Roscoe Arbuckle

I'm good. I just answer questions asked. I'm amazed at how many folks are still scared about this.
    It is real, but it is manageable.

14. studogg

You haven't quite grasped that I don't disagree with you and have been out with friends, gone to restaurants and even a bar for the brief time they were open. It was a Monday night bro. Had a couple pops and missed having the ability to do so with a large group of people. Innocuous comment included no SJW overtones.

15. Roscoe Arbuckle

And I guess you don't grasp how many people are struggling right now. I'm watching people in tears over their businesses. I will wear a mask when needed, but we need to all understand that businesses are affected.

Even mine, which was barely affected the first few months is starting to hurt. We can't shut down.

16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i like you fatty, but youre kind of sidelining as a jerk here.

personally, the worst thing for me is inability to go see bands play or as a musician, to play shows. thats a good chunk of my social life.

i have a small circle of friends and we hang out in each others back yards and drink beer.

i play in a band and we are still having semi-weekly, low-volume practices in our guitar players carport...neighbors are actually cool about it. the vast majority of bands are totally inactive right now and i think once this is all over theres going to be a ton of local bands that just never get back together. the momentum and desire for many will be gone.

one thing i started doing was going for "urban hikes" downtown with friends. its a cool opportunity to not just socialize, but explore on foot an area i normally drive though without paying attention to whats going on.

#56 jo mama, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    Invisible Fan, studogg and TWS1986 like this.
  17. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i am not grasping how you are assuming this about the OP or that he doesnt understand that businesses are affected. the thread is about social isolation and he even said he still goes out to support businesses.

studogg likes this.
  18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It's about evolving with the situation, and this is the norm, now. That's the essence of life and survival. Look at all of the industries that have shut down over the years due to changing demographics or technology. And those that have adapted or changed.

If you're a true entrepreneur, you know when to pull the parachute cord and jump on another plane. My very lucrative business got shut down last year. LOTS of money gone. Did I wallow in the self-pity? No. I am responsible with my finances and am working on other areas now. I'll mow lawns and cut down trees for firewood and sell it on the side of the road if I have to. I'll pick up 'trash' and sell it online to make a buck. It's your determination and willpower.

Invisible Fan and TWS1986 like this.
  19. studogg

do you have trouble with your eyes - or is it between the eyes and the brain?

I'm actively trying to identify corporate relocation targets for the City of Houston so we don't see a lost decade. But you keep on inferring what you want. The world would be less colorful without assholes that jump to conclusions with no rationale basis. Hold your head high, your Schlitz in the air, and say your pledge of allegiance to whatever lost cause you're supporting today - you are amurica fatty. Warts, bad opinions, gas and all.

TWS1986 likes this.
  20. Roscoe Arbuckle

I'm pissed. I know a lot of people in the service industry. The bars are literally getting killed and for no "scientific" reason. Just because Abbott said so.

This isn't about me yet, but we have to move on and not hide as a society.