1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Redskins acquire Case Keenum

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Mar 7, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

#1 J.R., Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The legend goes on...

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So Alex Smith's career is officially over?

4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I know the dream is to play for one team until they retire your number, but Keenum has really carved out a hell of a career for an undrafted quarterback. If he's the starter next year, that will be five or six straight seasons as starting QB for Houston, St.Louis/Los Angeles, Minnesota, Denver, and Washington. Keenum will likely end up with an NFL career that lasts at least a decade. Outside of his family and close friends, I doubt many thought that was possible.

raining threes likes this.
  5. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Glad Case is out of Denver. Their offensive scheme was just not a good fit for him. Unless they get a better O line in Denver I suspect Joe Flacco is going to spend much of next year either injured or on his back. Will be rooting for Keenum to have a successful year with the Redskins.

6. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. PhiSlammaJamma

He should be their starter going forward. This is a better fit for him. But there is no talent. So it will be all Keenum and the scheme. Redskins fans will shiot on him fast if he sucks, but honestly, they have nothing to turn to.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So does this confirm that Alex Smith is out of football? I mean his injury was terrible.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Nobody knows, but he wants to play ( likely in 2020 ). Think it's recoverable, but given his age and general mediocrity, I don't see the point from the Redskins perspective. The infection was overblown, but it did slow his timeline.

#9 PhiSlammaJamma, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019