1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Red Dead Redemption sequel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FranchiseBlade, Aug 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw this article.
    http://www.breathecast.com/articles...ps4-versions-confirmed-by-take-two-ceo-16079/

I think it's quite a wait for the next installment, but it will be worth it if the game continues to improve and borrow/share with the new improvements from GTA.

I can't wait. This might be the game that motivates me to get either Xbone or PS4. But not necessarily.

I haven't seen any indication of whether or not it's going to be a sequel chronologically or a prequel. I'd kind of prefer for it to be a prequel most likely, but whatever would be fine.

I also wouldn't mind it if it was a completely different character in a couple of decades earlier, or parallel with Red Dead Redemption.

The multi-player options were a lot of fun on that game as well too.

Anybody else have any interest in the series?

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yep. Enjoyed the first one. Lots of fun

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

This game ended up being one of my most favorite games to be played. The storyline, the characters. It was spectacular.

4. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

awesome. my favorite game ever

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Remembering more and more about it. I think I'm going to try and play it again. I'll start all over, and try and have some fun.

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

One of my favorite games ever...looking forward to this.

7. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

With it being so popular, why did it never come to the PC? I have a PS3 but I hardly play on it. I would if it was PC.

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

This game introduced me to jose gonzalez who had that awesome song as you enter mexico. For that alone I will buy a ps4.

9. pickymen

pickymen Contributing Member

This is my second favorite game behind Fallout 3. It's an amazing game with a beautiful soundtrack. The Undead Nightmare was fun too.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Never played it. Always wanted to. Its cheap. Should I buy it?

(The original)

11. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

A lot of people rate it as Rockstar's best game ever. Beating out every single GTA game.

I had some fun with it, never completed it but i definitely enjoyed myself.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

I bought the GotY edition on a whim during a Black Friday.

LOVED the game. I thought I would dislike it, because A) I don't really like GTA and B) A "western" game? lolwut?

But to me, the game was just so much better than GTA, even though it was from the same company.

13. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One of the best games I've ever played. The amount of stuff to do and depth of the story was amazing. Undead Nightmare was also one of the instances of worthwhile DLC.

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

I might have to go back and play undead nightmare now. Never did.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

Good game. Lot's of fun. I hope they can extend some of the characters to keep the interest in the story, and deliver again on gameplay. Much of the game has slowly filtered into other open worlds. So they'll need to reach a bit to make it fresh.

16. faraza84

faraza84 Member

I felt there wasn't much to do when not doing any missions. A missing person here and a small mystery there. Gta v def had more to do and I'm confident rock star will incorporate a bunch of what they learned into this new iteration. If prefer a sequel with marstons son or a completely diff story with a few returning characters.

17. Christopher

Christopher Member

One of the best games I ever played. Would love to see a prequel where you go through Marsden's life before RDD.

18. supdudes

supdudes Member

I will buy it if it is on PC.

Also would like to see the multiple person gameplay used in GTA V.

It's Rockstar though, they'll think of everything.

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Well this is just rumor at this point. But the rumor is now that Rockstar will reduce a new IP game before the next Red Dead installment comes out.

http://www.christiantoday.com/artic...ws.new.firmware.update.ps4.expected/49100.htm

I heard they were going to make the sequel called Red Dead Revolution and have it be with the Marton's son, Jack.

I really hope that isn't the case. If that's the case it would be in the 20's and seems like it would kind of lose it's Western feel. It would be more like CApone era GTA. I would love a Capone era game, but not at the expense of the western theme and setting that has already been established.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Need to buy the original. Never played it.