1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2020 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

actually I have no idea. I'm still in the Klobuchar direction, but she seems to possess the debate personality equivalent of drying paint, so I don't see her catching on either. I like Gabbard as well but I don't think her anti-war single focus is playing well across the board. Honestly right now the whole thing is still a mystery to me. I kind of long for the days when a Bill Bradley would give it a shot.

MojoMan likes this.
  2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Comical how the mistake-in-chief supporters prefer the Dems closest on the scale to the GOP. What a shocker. Notwithstanding one's long reputation as a moderate Democrat, it's not like there's a chance either of you would vote for a Democrat.

Too bad we don't have a serial philandering incompetent liar for y'all to prefer.

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Democrats are still propositioning open borders with a country from which they want us to accept 100,000's of political refugees.

Corrosion likes this.
  4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

TDS

BruceAndre likes this.
  5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Says the guy who has basically created a 69 page soliloquy on the Democratic primary.

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I am just following the news and commenting on those events as we move along. And I am not exhibiting any symptoms of derangement, unlike some other posters around here.

BruceAndre and Os Trigonum like this.
  7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Kirsten Powers believes that the Dems need Marianne Williamson's "Spiritual politics" in this era of darkness. Well, I do not believe that is specifically what they need. But they sure do need something. In any case, here is a segment of Kirsten Power's article today, after the second night of the second Democrat debate, at USA Today:

Dems Need Williamson's Spiritual Politics in a Dark Era

It turns out Marianne Williamson isn’t just some kook who levitated into the presidential debates through the sheer force of love.

On Tuesday night, she wowed the crowd with her well thought out expositions on race, the Flint water crisis, gun safety, reparations and the “dark psychic force of the collectivized hatred” that President Donald Trump has unleashed on this country.

Political observers seemed stunned to hear the best-selling author and teacher speaking so eloquently on issues near and dear to the average Democratic voter’s heart. They shouldn’t have been. A quick visit to her website or a Google search could have disabused them of the idea that she’s a dingbat interloper in the Democratic race. But why do research when you can snark and mock instead?

Full disclosure: Williamson is a friend, so I have been well aware of her brilliant mind, well-honed worldview and deep thinking around the most important issues we face as a nation. I’ve been frustrated watching her be denigrated and caricatured based on a profound ignorance of her experience and abilities.

{More at the link}​

Good grief, it sounds like Powers in endorsing her.

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

She had her moment. And, I'm sure she's not a complete dingbat. And she's from Houston. If it was her or Trump, I'd probably still vote for her. But no way, no how could I vote for her in a primary.

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I think if she were to start a radio show after she withdraws from the race, she would probably be a big hit. She has some things to say that are not being said, some of which she is profoundly right about, and others which she is desperately wrong about.

Would you listen to her on talk radio in the car if she had a show like this?

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Some members of the Democrat left establishment media are losing their minds about Tulsi Gabbard's evisceration of Kamala Harris during last night's Democrat debate. Of course everything Gabbard said was true. And after the way that Kamala Harris mercilessly eviscerated Joe Biden in the first debate, she certainly had it coming. What comes around, goes around, Kamala. Live and learn.

They cannot believe that one of their favorite candidates, Kamala Harris, was attacked so effectively, regardless of whether the attacks were true or not. Since they were true, they have no legitimate response in reply. But they have to say something. And they are so mad they can hardly even see straight.

So the hysterical meltdowns have begun. They are accusing Tulsi Gabbard of being in cahoots with the Russians, who are supposedly the primary supporters of her campaign:

There are other examples. Also, here is Kamala Harris campaign spokesman endorsing this latest Democrat left conspiracy theory.

#KamalaHarrisDestroyed trending after Democratic debate

The #KamalaHarrisDestroyed hashtag had disappeared from the list of trending U.S. terms by 9:30 a.m. Thursday.

Harris's spokesman, Ian Sams, responded to the hashtag, noting that at least some of the accounts promoting it appeared to be bots. "The Russian propaganda machine that tried to influence the 2016 election is now promoting the presidential aspirations of a controversial Hawaii Democrat," he said.

So it appears the long knives are out for Tulsi Gabbard. Expect to see many in the establishment left media working to destroy Gabbard in the days and weeks to come.

12. biff17

biff17 Member

So we are going to try going back to I am a moderate Democrat shtick.

We all know you are never voting for a dem.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

honestly biff, I don’t think you know much of anything

Corrosion and BruceAndre like this.
  14. biff17

biff17 Member

Man you are obsessed with Harris, why is that?

15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Erick Erickson weighs in with observations about the Democrat left's knee jerk tendency to hurl accusations about the Russians in defense of their preferred candidates, especially those with strong "Identity politics" credentials, when they get their behinds kicked fair and square.

Where “Russia Is Helping the Candidate” Becomes the Media’s Way of Protecting Preferred Candidates

Did you know the Russians are supporting Tulsi Gabbard, the congresswoman from Hawaii? That’s the big headline this morning. Gabbard dealt near fatal blows to Kamala Harris in last night’s CNN debate. You’d never know it from the media coverage. Instead, the coverage is focused on Russian based bots supporting Gabbard.

This is what we have to look forward to for the next year. Like the boy crying wolf, the media will rush out to scream Russia any time their preferred candidates get hurt by others. When the Russians do interfere, no one will believe it because the media cannot help screaming “Russia!” at everything.​

Do these people really not realize how foolish and ridiculous they are making themselves look by behaving in this way? Apparently not. Or, maybe they do and they just do not care.

BruceAndre and cml750 like this.
  16. biff17

biff17 Member

i know you are not thinking of or ever would vote for a Democrat.

i mean really who are trying to fool?

17. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I want to see a Harris/AOC Dem ticket. What could possibly go wrong? :confused:

Corrosion, cml750 and MojoMan like this.
  18. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Tulsi was the hottest one on the stage; so clearly she's the most qualified of them all. :D

19. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

So it's not just me.....:cool:

Corrosion and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

No, I don't consume media that way. There isn't any person from whom I want to hear an opinion on a recurring basis. Maybe if she had a 4-minute segment on a station I already listen to where she'd talk about a discipline I don't know (not miracles, but maybe HIV), I'd pay attention when she happened to come on.