1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Agreed... a very good movie. Interesting that the movie was originally thought to be set on Mars but later moved to the most difficult of environments on Earth... the Arctic Circle.

Here's another great survival movie, but this one is not only based on a true story but also uses real footage so its more of a documentary.

Last Breath, 8 out of 10.

KingCheetah likes this.
  2. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I watched Wargames again for the first time in like 30 years. It holds up pretty well. Probably still has one of the most accurate depictions of hacking you'll see in a movie or TV show. If you want to get picky, you could take issue with the plot development of the authorities taking a suspected spy to NORAD and just locking him in a well-stocked break room instead of dumping him in a local jail or something to await questioning, but otherwise it's a fun movie.

FranchiseBlade and CometsWin like this.
  3. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Obviously, I haven't seen this, but I want to:

And I'm sure there was a better thread to post this in, but I'm getting really old, and i can't remember any of them.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Tin Cup- 8/10

I get anxiety every time I watch the final round 18th hole.

Birdie to win, par to tie.

Nope I’m going for eagle...

#7984 tmacfor35, May 22, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Deckard likes this.
  5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Filmed in Kingwood. My in-laws are extras on the 18th hole. If you pause right after he makes the putt, you can see them clapping under the tent. (like you really care)

6. tmacfor35

I grew up in kingwood. Of course I do man.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Every time I watch, I expect him to lay up.

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tin Cup is one of those movies that I can't seem to pass up if I stumble across it channel surfing.

Deckard likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

10. tmacfor35

And even then.

Laying up would be so boring.

11. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Yeah, my stepdad was an extra, too. You get a pretty good view of him sitting in the crowd during the press conference scene.

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  12. CrazyJoeDavola

I remember them. Their subpar performance almost ruined the whole movie.

13. CrazyJoeDavola

I remember him. His performance was far better than ID2K's inlaws'.

Andy Sheets likes this.
  14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I really enjoyed Molly‘s game 8/10

jcf likes this.
  15. conquistador#11

Lady Bird, 8/10. It's like a sophisticated female Napolean Dynamite. Bone Thugs N Harmony song pops up at a catholic school dance and you can't help but to sing along.

eric.81 and NewRoxFan like this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That song they play (run the jewels) is my kids favorite song. I'm not letting my 8 year old watch this trailer though lol

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Two classic flicks that don't have any golf in them, dammit! Still worth a look. I mentioned them in the music thread, and thought I'd suggest the films to anyone interested in classic English movies from the late '60's and early '70's. Both are directed by Lindsay Anderson, and both star a young Malcolm McDowell. I saw each film the year it came out, and they were really something at the time. Heck, they are still really something.

The first is If, 1968. It was Malcolm McDowell's coming out party, and also made Anderson's career as a director, IMO. It's about a violent rebellion at an English boys boarding school. Made around the time of the French street protests in May of '68 (the sexy flick Dreamers covers the same period, and is also worth seeing if you'd like to see Eva Green very naked!), it got an "X" rating in Britain because of its political impact during this period of social upheaval (meanwhile, I was having a great time in Houston as a hippie, hair halfway down my back, promoting Peace and Love amongst the females of that fair city). The film won Anderson the Palme d'Or at the Cannes film festival in 1969. It's considered one of the top British films ever made, and has 97% on Rotten Tomatoes, if that floats your boat.

[​IMG]

The second film is a personal favorite.
    O, Lucky Man! was released in 1973, directed by Anderson and starring Malcolm McDowell. Besides Malcolm, among the stars are Ralph Richardson and Helen Mirren. Malcolm McDowell plays an English fellow searching for a job and having all sorts of adventures and misadventures along the way. The late Alan Price of The Animals fame created a great soundtrack. O, Lucky Man! was entered in competition at Canne. The film is difficult to describe. My suggestion would be to see it and enjoy the trip!

[​IMG]

RudyTBag likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

War Games -- classic childhood movie always fun to watch 8.1/10

Btw- I think Ally Sheedy is Emma Watson's mom...

[​IMG]

justtxyank, B-Bob and Deckard like this.
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Interesting that producers back then could make a movie with basically no special effects budget. That hat looks fake if you look closely, and it makes you wonder: why not have him wear a real hat? I am intrigued and will check this movie out. Maybe the "white hat" is significant here, as it is domestically within the FBI.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Deckard likes this.