1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. body slam

body slam Member

the dirt - 8

KingCheetah likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I watched it as well - it was better than I expected.... 7.5/10

body slam likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

I'm watching The Meg right now on a kitchen tv, with the sound off, and it's absolutely as stupid as you would think. Jason Statham has nothing on Liam Neeson who has nothing on...?

GRENDEL likes this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The Mule- 4/10

Wtf did I just watch? Whys everyone gotta be so god damn tough in the movie? Mexican gang bangers should be offended by how they were portrayed.

CometsWin and GRENDEL like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Probably directing in his head.

BigM and B-Bob like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

7.9/10

Astonished by this one. McCarthy in a drama.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Overlord 8.5/10. I knew the general principle going in, but it would be fun to see someone's reaction that wasn't aware and just thought it was a WW2 film. The airdrop scene was intense.

peleincubus likes this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This movie made me fall in love with Mrs. B-Bob all over again. Here's how.

We wanted to catch a movie and it was either: A Star is Born, or ... this movie... about a dysfunctional lying alcoholic who loves literature. There was only one choice for Mrs. B-Bob, and this movie rocked.

8/10 for me.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Without Leslie Alexander's hilarious laugh eh?

GRENDEL likes this.
  10. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Saw US last night... wow. Won't say anything to spoil it. I'll just say that it was really well done. Scary, funny, excellent visual style, and absolutely great performances.

Lupita Nyong'o just crushed it. Can't wait to see Jordan Peele's next movie.

9.5/10

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

watched The Highwaymen last night, very good Netflix film, very solid performances from Costner and Harrelson. recommend it if you like period pieces. 7.5/10

Then watched A Perfect World after seeing it mentioned in a review of Highwaymen. Clint Eastwood-directed 1993 film about Eastwood's character hunting Costner's escaped convict. Hadn't seen it before. Not the utter masterpiece some reviewers make it out to be, but another solid film that kept my attention to the end. 8/10

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Hell or High Water. Excellent film, taut storytelling, good suspense. Well acted. 9/10

13. Roscoe Arbuckle

This movie pissed me off. A story line about a disgusting woman who couldn't make it as a writer starts making up stories and forging other legit authors. She gets caught, and then continues with another culprit. She gets caught again, only gets probation, writes a book about her crap (which I thought was illegal) and that book becomes a best seller. And I'm sure this neerdowell made money from this movie.

Congratulations, America. You rewarded this scumbag for cheating.

14. Roscoe Arbuckle

Bumblebee. 7-10.

First movie that did the franchise justice. If you grew up with this in the 80's, I recommend.

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Captain Marvel - 8/10.

I really enjoyed it. It’s definitely in the upper half of MCU movies. Probably somewhere along the lines of the last Spider-Man but below Black Panther. A lot of these movies are about the same for me... in a good way. I had low expectations going in and it made me want to see more, so there you go.

Larson moves kind of stiff but the acting wasn’t nearly as bad as I was led to believe.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

tom cruise.

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

somehow I missed W. the first time around, usually Oliver Stone at least manages to interest me. This one seemed a bit overblown despite the reviews describing this as Stone's most sympathetic portrayal of a president. Josh Brolin was convincing, but I'm thinking the direction went a little wild at the end of the film, e.g. the dream sequence of Bush sparring with Bush Sr. Hard to know what to say about it. Maybe a 6/10. maybe a bit lower.

on edit, forgot to add that the impetus for watching W. was rewatching the Coen Bros' True Grit, which I own and rewatch every couple of months. Love that film, especially the almost Shakespearean dialogue. Always a 10/10 as far as I'm concerned. ;)

#7897 Os Trigonum, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Every couple of years I watch Once Upon a Time in America, need a long cold wet windy Sunday afternoon to commit to it though, while the family is out of town. A long, languorous, guilty pleasure of a film, and reading up on its history I'm glad the near-original version as restored by Martin Scorsese is available on Netflix. 9.8/10

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Which unlikable character do you like the most?
    And which unlikable character do you unlike the most?

20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

good question, I guess the young DeNiro character. don't know which I like least.

another movie choice this afternoon, L.A. Confidential. It's been years since I've seen that, still holds up great. Definite 9/10