1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Buck Turgidson

I asked you, not RT...

Tombstone
    Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
    Magnificent Seven
    The Good, Band & the Ugly
    The Searchers
    High Noon
    Pale Rider
    The Wild Bunch
    Unforgiven
    Rio Bravo/Blazing Saddles/True Grit/Man Who Shot Liberty Valance/Once Upon a Time in the West/Outlaw Josey Wales/3:10 to Yuma/Fistfull of Dollars/Assassination of Jessie James....

#7761 Buck Turgidson, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  2. Roscoe Arbuckle

Of the ones you listed, I wasn't a big fan of True Grit or Unforgiven. Both overrated, IMO.

3. Buck Turgidson

Which 2 movies are better?

True Grit (either version)...yeah we can have a talk, but Unforgiven is an amazing classic movie.

eric.81 likes this.
  4. Roscoe Arbuckle

Maybe I should rewatch it. I wasn't a fan when it originally came out.

5. Roscoe Arbuckle

And this isn't a western, but if you like West Texas cop movies, I highly recommend "Frailty."

Entropy likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Fantastic movie. Paxton is a totally underrated actor.

How the hell did I forget Silverado? I probably watched that 58 times as a kid.

Eastwood/Freeman/Hackman/Harris...it's not action packed, but it's the thinkin' man's western.

Entropy and Roscoe Arbuckle like this.
  7. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Den of Thieves
    7.5/10

I thought it was a creative movie. Ice Cube jr. not a bad actor. Gerard Butler was pretty good.

8. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Hush - suspense movie with Gwyneth Paltrow running afoul of her evil mother-in-law, Jessica Lange. Nothing amazing but it gets points for ending with an intense confrontation that doesn't turn into some overblown, glass-shattering beatdown between the two women during a thunderstorm.

Black Panther and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - Same reaction I have to every Marvel movie: I'm entertained while watching it and a couple of days later I can barely remember what happened in them. Marvel is very consistently solid at what they do but mostly I just prefer reading the old comics.

Fellowship of the Ring (extended edition) - I hadn't watched this in a few years. It's still really good.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Black Dynamite - ∞/10 ... possibly the greatest movie ever made upon the 3rd viewing

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Aquaman- 4/10

Watched online cause I'm not willing to give DC anymore money. Bad acting. Bad soundtrack. Bad comedic timing. Bad jokes. Bad movie.

Jontro likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

chick flick night at the Trigonum household last night. Mama Mia 2 was mildly amusing in a sort of in-the-background-while-I-peruse-Clutchfans sort of way, maybe a 6 out of 10. Then Mrs Trig put on La La Land which she'd seen before, I hadn't seen it. Better than expected, more story to it and more nuance than expected. She fell asleep halfway through, I closed the laptop and watched it. Prob about an 8.5 out of 10, I can see what the fuss was about that year Oscar-wise

eric.81 and J Sizzle like this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Bad Times at the El Royale - 5.5/10

Didn't like it as much as others I've heard who have seen it. It was fine, but a little too long and a little too slow and a little less clever than it thinks it is. I thought it was fine but wouldn't watch it again probably.

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

God I love that movie.....its right up there with I'm Gonna Git You Sucka......

[​IMG]

Caught an advance screening of The Lego Movie 2 this weekend.

I was a little worried going in but was pleasantly surprised that it delivered, really enjoyed it. Probably a tad under the original, could do without full on musical number which they added to this entry, but still really enjoyable.

I thought it was a solid B+

DreamShook likes this.
  14. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I saw it last night. I really enjoyed the ending, but it sure was a slow burn. Some of those "Oh damn" moments kept me in it.

15. body slam

body slam Member

Polar on Netflix 7/10 Sindy has some amazing talents and the movie is not bad either.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Watched "He's Out There" (6 out of 10) on Netflix. Though these films are predictable, this one was well acted (the lead as well as the two children) and enough scare to merit the 6 out of 10.

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Watched First Man over the weekend. Intense. I had to look away during some of the spinning scenes. It’s a beautifully shot movie and is excellent at depicting the sheer danger of being an astronaut. Gosling was great. Apollo 13 is far more entertaining but this wins in realism.

I can’t believe people were upset at not showing the flag planting. Couldn’t be more ridiculous. Good grief.

B-Bob likes this.
  18. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Agreed. I read that they had interviews lined up with McFarland but that afterwards he asked for like $250K, so the director chose not to have him in the movie, which Im glad they did. That POS owes so many people money.

19. cebu

cebu Member

Hunter Killer 10/10.. the best war movie in the modern times.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I watched Hereditary. Others have already mentioned it but I enjoyed it a lot. 9/10. It's packed full of enough subtleties to make really hold interest.