1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. conquistador#11

'the babysitter' from Netflix. surprisingly entertaining, 5.5/10
    the black guy was hilarious, the redhead was hot.

2. cebu

cebu Member

Incendies - 9/10.

same director who made Sicario 1.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4th Kind -- I thought this movie was going to be trash based on terrible reviews, but it is better than expected. There is something particularly creepy to me about alien abduction and they put together some really disturbing scenes. 6.1/10

4. cebu

cebu Member

LBJ - 8/10. great acting and story, not sure if true ;)

5. KingCheetah

Paranormal Activity -- it's probably better than the OG found footage movie Blair Witch -- 8.4/ 10

6. Buck Turgidson

"All the Way" is vastly superior, and much more grounded in truth.

7. Buck Turgidson

Right now I'm watching a western I've never seen before, The Missouri Breaks. No idea if it's good yet, but can you imagine being on set with Marlon Brando, Jack Nicholson and Randy Quaid in 1976? Just might have been a little crazy.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Three Identical Strangers: 8.5/10

Strange, moving, and devastating. Kinda manipulative along the way, but I'll give the director a pass. Very difficult documentary to make, I think.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cell Block 99 with Vince Vaughn: 8/10
    The Devils with Oliver Reed: 10/10
    Danton with Gerard Depardieu: 9/10

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

watched “A Quiet Place” again, and it’s still a 10/10

if u haven’t seen it, then u need to...it just came out on Redbox, and anyone who hasn’t seen it needs to go rent it immediately

I’m at home sitting through the movie like

[​IMG]

What makes this movie especially scary for me is that I know there’s no way in hell I’d survive. U can’t make a sound or you’re dead? I’d be gone real quick.

jcf, B-Bob and Blurr#7 like this.
  11. KingCheetah

The Last Jedi -- WTF did I just watch... 6.1/10

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Goodbye Christopher Robin - This is not the one called "Christopher Robin" that's out now. Goodbye Christopher Robin was great. It was well acted. The thing I like about the movie is that it managed to be an emotionally wrenching movie without being overly sentimental, overly dramatic, or manipulative. It was really interesting with some things that I knew about and some that I learned from watching the film. It was great. 8.5 out of 10.

The only weak parts were that there were parts of the story that weren't explored enough and kind of just brushed over. Those were few and far between.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

camped at Devils Tower Wyoming last week in a KOA where they show Close Encounters of the Third Kind every night. Still holds up pretty well! 8/10

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Purge: First Purging or some such

Bucket of Meh
    5/10

Rocket River

15. cebu

cebu Member

Snowden - 9/10. Now i see the big picture about this "terrorism".

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

XTC: This is Pop - 9.5/10 This is one of the best music documentaries I've seen. The guys are all great and the thing I liked most about it was how Andy Partridge, in particular, goes in depth into his songwriting process. It was just really cool to see and not just another "'same ol' same ol'" music documentary.

It was very entertaining.

heypartner likes this.
  17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

Sweet, touching documentary. 9/10.

deb4rockets likes this.
  18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ant-Man and Wasp - 8.5/10. It's a nice break from the normal save the world/universe super hero movies. They don't take themselves too seriously and they just pull off the whole shrinking/enlarging thing so well.

A Quiet Place - 8/10. Really well done and interesting idea. I was scared it was going to lose me with the lack of dialogue but the fill captures you early and doesn't let you go. It would have got a little higher score but the ending fell a little flat to me.

jcf likes this.
  19. marky :)

marky :) Member

Sicario 2 - 7.5/10

It started off well but it kind of fell off towards the end. It almost felt like the writers had two different scripts at one time and end up combining it into one and we got Sicario 2.

Still will go see the 3rd one.

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Star Wars/Star Trek Double feature:

Star Trek: Beyond -- On the line between 6-7. It was better than the last one, which was an utter mess. It was a little more original, stayed in realm of science fiction. I know the Trekkies have been very critical of the new films, I can see why? They are rambunctious and very loud, while being all over the place, like alot summer blockbusters--nothing but set pieces and an below average story. I like this one a little bit more than second one as it focuses a little more on the story (far from perfect), and also Kirk is a little more down-to-Earth and not an over-eager frat-boy nor an over-the-top scene eater. The cast seems to have alot of chemistry together. The Enterprise getting destroyed again, yet again is getting silly. The

Star Wars: The Last Jedi -- 5-6. I should say I don't really get the hype about Star Wars, even the original movies sometimes. I'm not as polarized as Harlan Ellison and think that they are awful pieces of work. But, I don't all of the criticism about this film, I don't think there have been alot of great SW movies, outside the first one and the Empire Strikes Back. ROTJ, Rogue One, Force Awakens, Battle for Endor [lol], the Clone Wars animated movie, and Revenge of the Sith were ok, nothing special. AOTC, Phantom Meance, and this film is on par with the first Ewok movie were it's silly and almost a borderline bad movie.