1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Winchester (6.5-10)--Redbox---Some good scares in it to hook you, and then comes the plot development, based on the true story of the Winchester house.

3000 Miles to Graceland (5-10) --Netflix--Lots of Action, pretty cheesy movie, but Courtney Cox getting plowed...might watch again!

Friend Request (3-10)--Netflix--Some jump scares....bad acting. Nothing really notable here.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

After so many letdowns on the first few episodes I was just fastforwarding to the race to finish the series. The only beast sleeper car was the black ford t-bird of the friend that passed away.

Don't get wrong I would still watch season 2 if it came out.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Very interesting concept but the whole movie just seemed like creepy, old Clive Owens scoring with chicks twenty years younger than him. Weird.

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Hes a classically good looking dude, a Robert Redford type. He has the power to pull strange 20 years younger than him.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

And that car wasn't a sleeper it was a straight up race car.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Cool, thanks for letting me know.

7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Ready Player One-7.5/10

I thought it was cool. Love all the old references and totally dig the Shining scene.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I didn't know he died. Couldn't be a nicer man. I feel privileged to have met him on Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

eric.81, B-Bob and Os Trigonum like this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

RBG: 9/10. Sure it's a hagiography but it's so entertaining, and it doesn't shy away from her mistakes, her quirky personality, or her very real friendship with Scalia. Amazingly fun as documentaries go, but definitely more fun if you lean to the left.

10. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

The Wind Rises

I've been wanting to watch this for awhile as I've loved all Miyazaki's films that I've seen, but I was a bit skeptical whether the subject matter would translate well. The animation and flow were beautiful as always, but I felt it struggled to capture that fantasy element so prominent in his other works. The material is a bit dry for an animated film as well, and I wonder if it would have been better as a live-action epic. Still, it did come together well in the end and the love story was very touching.it

7/10

11. Buck Turgidson

Have you been to the house? The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre house is right here in Kingsland, Texas. 45 mins from Austin.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Finally watched Blade Runner -- 7.5/10 -- I understand why it flopped not a movie for everyone and a lot of parts dragged that should have been cut. Other parts that needed more development were left with none... that said there was a lot of awesome thought provoking material. In the end another big idea Ridley Scott film that feels unfinished and leaves you wanting more. Fortunately he didn't ruin Blade Runner like he did with Alien, but this should have been a much better movie.

B-Bob likes this.
  13. don grahamleone

Yeah, we filmed one scene there I think on like the first day. Everyone was talking about it having historical meaning to the more current film we shot. Creepy place!

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. Roscoe Arbuckle

Just watched "The Night Before" (it was in my DVD queue) 1/10. Honestly one of the absolute worst movies I've ever seen.

I never minded Seth Rogan before, but this movie showed me just how often he plays someone who is always on drugs.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

[​IMG]

That's exactly how I felt watching this movie, a cold day in hell. 0/0. I filed a complaint against this movie. I abruptly cut this off within the first 10 minutes, got up and went to the restroom and looked in the mirrior and asked myself what am I doing with my life?

Fantasma Negro and B-Bob like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Insidious: The Last Key: 2/10...this was some pure bullsh*t...it was stupid, had so many lame attempts at humor, and wasn’t scary at all...a complete waste of time

pretty much all of these Insidious movies have been garbage to me...I have no idea why I thought this one would be any different

edit: now that I think about it, a 2/10 is too generous...I can’t think of 1 thing I liked about this movie...0/10...fck this movie

#7356 Reeko, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  17. Buck Turgidson

I got invited out there for a grill/beer shindig. It was really hard to eat my rare steak in that dining room without laughing.

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Overseas flight so caught up on some movies:

Black Panther: 8.5/10. Liked it a lot but the effects were a bit "meh" and it was a bit overhyped but an upper tier superhero flick.

I, Tonya: 9/10 Amazing acting all around

Kingsman, The Golden circle: 6.5/10 First one was great. This one, not so much

The Disaster Artist: 8/10 very entertaining and Franco nailed Tommy.

19. don grahamleone

Yeah... I might have to ask for chicken

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Steel Rain - 7.5/10

I was pleasantly surprised by this film. It's a Korean film with subtitles and the subtitles are actually a little too fast to follow well so I had to pause the movie here and there just to be able to read them. Otherwise this was a very good film. The quality of the Korean films I've seen is just outstanding. I'm a big fan. I don't have any Korean friends so I'm not sure about the dynamics of Korean culture and how it fits in with Japan, China, and the US other than what you read in history but this film did a great job of exploring these dynamics. It might be a cliche film for Koreans, North vs South and such but I could definitely say the film gave me a better perspective of the Korean viewpoint, very timely considering the events there right now. Great action and some good humor in this film as well.