1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Buck Turgidson

Have you ever seen "In the Loop"?

2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I think I started watching it and the rapid-fire dialog was a bit much for me at the time, so I didn't stick with it. I'm sure it's quality, though.

3. Buck Turgidson

Go to youtube and just watch the Malcolm Tucker scenes.

GRENDEL likes this.
  4. OTMax

OTMax Member

That good huh? :) I love Bateman. Currently watching Arrested Development series, really awesome.

Tomb Raider - 7/10 - nothing special to be honest, lot of talk in the beginning and to me could’ve been way better had it been a bit more developed regarding to the mysterious tomb, had them given Lara more fighting scenes to show off some serious skills in climbing, shooting etc. Expected way more from the trailer. The story is cool though, there’s some decent twists and Viskander is a great actress. Way more believable than Jolie.

#7324 OTMax, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    GRENDEL likes this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Ready Player One - 7.5/10

CGI was cool, plot had holes, the romance story arc was a touch shallow.

GRENDEL likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Freeway: Crack in the System -- Documentary on Freeway Rick Ross the billion dollar crack kingpin. This is a must watch 9.3/10 (Netflix) - amazing story - a classic fact is stranger than fiction.

B-Bob, LCAhmed, GRENDEL and 1 other person like this.
  7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

A Quiet Place - 8/10. Solid Film. Reminds me a lot of Mel Gibson's Signs. Short (1hr 30- 1hr 45), predicatble, yet still good. More Jumpy than scary. Jim from the Office with a Beard.

Maze Runner 2 - 7/10 Good film, interesting twists and turns. Obviously necessary to watch the first one, have yet to see the latest one to tie all films together. Somewhat predictable twists. Good story line, some corny parts as well.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

watched The Post last night from amazon. It was good, not great. Hard to put my finger on what it felt like it was missing. More of a star vehicle for Streep and Hanks than anything. Steep also seemed like she was simply replaying her role as Julia Childs at times. Don't get me wrong, a decent film, and I'm glad we watched it. But somewhere around a 7.5 out of 10 I'd say.

9. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Isle of Dogs - 6.5/10 . It had it's moments. The dog perspective kept it interesting.

Infinity Baby - 9/10 . Originality is underrated.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I was disappointed. Thought Hanks was absurdly terrible and ruined every scene he was in. The director must have been all like, "CUT! From the top, and more like a pirate with scurvy this time!"

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

wow, this is something. Lots of R. Lee Ermey stuff trending right now, here's the original Siskel and Ebert review of Full Metal Jacket.

don grahamleone, GRENDEL and B-Bob like this.
  12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Same score I'd give it. The story just felt like a vehicle to throw nostalgia in your face.

13. Buck Turgidson

Lots of "critics" hated that movie when it came out.

They hated Super Troopers, and a dozen other great movies too. **** 'em, it's ok to be wrong.

14. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Valerian - 3/10. I can see why this movie bombed. Really bad acting. Cliche plot - humans bad, innocent native aliens good. CGI aliens that are stuck in the uncanny valley. Lots of uninteresting chase scenes. Its hard to believe this is the same guy that made the Fifth Element.

ramotadab likes this.
  15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Blockers - 8/10

Found this really funny contrary to the "audience" reviews on Rotten Tomato. I'm just going to assume it was a bunch of people saying the movie was "too forward in pushing their message" audience that gave it bad reviews.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Fastest Car on netflix. It pisses me off how the people with shitty cars think they can beat a supercar. Bro I listended to your life story and heard you bragged and then 1986 pinto car comes in last place. If we could get better cars to race that be nice.

17. Buck Turgidson

"The Void"

If you like "The Thing" and similar old-style weird monster movies, you'll like this.

GRENDEL likes this.
  18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Anon - 5.75/10. Interesting premise, Clive Owens is great once again but really weak ending.

19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

We watched Daddy's Home and Daddy's Home 2 yesterday just to unwind. First one was okay, good video movie, maybe 6/10. Second one was supposed to be "better" but we were both disappointed, maybe only a 4 or 5 out of 10.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I watched this too and although not a movie I'll comment... could they not make sure the drivers knew basic things like launch control or that the car would actually run? So many dumb things in this show - too many to list... 5.2/10.