1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

The Circle - 2/10

The overall premise was so stupid, and the execution was even worse. In the end, it gets two points because I was able to look at Emma Watson for 90 minutes.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 - 7/10

It had its hilarious points, and the casting was terrific. The story was a little over the top, but overall a good popcorn flick.

2. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Shot Caller.

9/10

Amazing movie, the last scene with Redwood in it, top 5 most badass scenes I've ever seen. Had a Sicario feel without all the Emily Blunt bullshit.

dmoneybangbang and Hakeemtheking like this.
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Okay, I have to admit it: Patti Cake$, 9/10. :eek:

Had no expectations and it was great. Give or take the music, the movie riffs with nonstop hilariously quiet jokes and details in the periphery.
    I can't recall a movie that has this many little gags coming at you this quickly without lingering on any of them.

(e.g. a drunk obnoxious white regular at a key bar in the movie shows up with fake dreads and a rasta hat for Halloween. ... He says "thanks mon" when ordering his drink, but the quick and barely noticeable joke is that he has, for the first time in the movie, ordered a Red Stripe. That kind of **** is constant, going on in the background.)

My university would probably fire me for liking it but whatever.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  4. TheresTheDagger

Out of the furnace ~ 5 out of 10

What a waste of an acting ensemble AND a decent start to the movie. It just devolved into the most predictable ending ever. Disappointed.

5. Fantasma Negro

Hitman's Bodyguard: 4.3/10
    **** script, poor dialogue, weak action sequences and 80's style car explosions. The only saving grace is Sam Jackson says mother****er five thousand times.

Baywatch: 7/ 10
    Better than expected, hilariously silly, I'm becoming a Zac Effron fan, he was good in this but the women in this movie are absolutely ridiculous. I was never into Alexandra Daddario but after watching this I've been having dreams of her swimming to me. Kelly Rohrbach made me fap twice while Priyanka Chopra and Ilfenesh Hadera are on the list

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Wind River. 5/5

It's the directoral debut for the Taylor Sheridan. He wrote the scripts for Hell or high water and Sicario.

Fantastic movie. This guy is going to be special.

7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Swiss Army Man

Definitely an original concept and it had some hilariously quirky moments throughout. Ultimately though it felt a bit inconsistent tonally, as the second half became pretty serious and dark. Reminded me quite a bit of Spike Jonez.

6/10

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Baby Driver - 3/5

I didn't like it that much.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

believe it or not I finally watched The Outlaw with Jane Russell. I hadn't really read up on it beforehand, I was really surprised by how wooden her acting was in her first major role. Honestly her cleavage played a bigger character than she did, which I guess was kind of the point. The male lead was also pretty bad.

On the whole I'd have to give it a 5/10, but mostly out of the historic interest in the film. There are better westerns, but this was worth watching from a cinema history perspective.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Triangle 9/10

This is a time loop movie. Pretty well done.

11. Buck Turgidson

I kept wondering, which is more punchable, the guy's name

Ansel Elgort

Or his face:

[​IMG] :

12. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Starship Troopers: Traitor of Mars

4 out of 10
    Why do they give Rico a squad of idiots who all play the comic?

#6972 Blatz, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  13. body slam

body slam Member

In the Heat of the Night 8/10 its no tv right now and much like Shawshank when its on I can not help but watch.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

American Assassin. 4/5

What a great action flick. I don't know what to say, I'm very surprised it was any good. Gonna read the novels it was based on.

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

KIngsmen - Golden Circle
    7/10. Kingsmen Lite. Great action sequences but just comes short of the original.

Dark Tower
    8/10. Idris Elba owns the screen. I have not read the books so I can not compared the movie to them. I thought the plot was solid. I will see a sequel if Idris Elba is in it.

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wonder Woman - the only thing i wonder is how in the hell this is 92% on RT. Given the high reviews i expected a lot and it did not come anywhere close to living up to it. 5/10 and i'm being generous.

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watched Appaloosa, would probably give it about a 7.5/10. The western parts of the film are very good, but Ed Harris messed up with some eye-rolling romantic b.s. with Renee Zellweger, although the film finishes strongly compared to some stretches in the middle. "Good video movie"

body slam likes this.
  18. hvic

hvic Member

Rough Night: 3/10
    The script and acting was horrible and a slow pace movie . Kate McKinnon's Australian accent was the worst part

19. cebu

cebu Member

The Final Countdown.

It's like the Fake Newss in movies.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Gerald's Game on Netflix was awesome. Watch it.