1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RARE Hakeem 1st Bobblehead + 1994 Championship Newspaper

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by brian_chapman, Feb 2, 2010.

1. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

where to start.

1.hakeem bobblehead,reliant energy 1st edition, only way to get it was to goto hakeems last game as a rocket in 2001. I had fans at the game come up to me trying to buy it for $40 each I had two,I declined. I gave one away years ago to a ex gf but Ive kept this one and the newspaper in a box in closet for last 15 years (newspaper)

I believe its the first hakeem bobblehead ever made.Mint,never bobbled or played with.

Newspaper,1994 championship morning. Its only section A all pages, no other sections and no sports section. The paper is not torned however oxidation has caused a little yellowing. But its still clear and looks great, needs to be framed.

Email me or pm to arrange payment. I would assume that the paper is worth 5-10 while the bobble head Ill ask $40. So $45 total.

Im in west houston, I dont want to drive,but I can if its close by to meet up. I dont want to give out my phone number,so Ill call you . I dont want to mail it for fear of damage, plus Ive been scammed before ala paypal when someone lied to paypal and demanded money back and paypal stole the money out of my bank.

so no paypal.Im going to be putting this up on ebay soon if it doesnt sell here.

2. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

3. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

click the image to see enlarge.

also included is august 5 2001 sports section 2,hakeem poster size best 34 moments edition.

4. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I'll take hakeem bobblehead only for $35, but I don't want to meet up that far I can tell you how to ship it safely.

How would you get payment if you don't accept paypal (and you sell on ebay?). I can offer paypal, and help you avoid getting scammed (I am powerseller on ebay so if that is worth anything).

Let me know if that is fine.

5. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

Im not sure yet on your offer. Id have to buy shipping supplies like bubble wrap and box,and so it would be more than 35. I trust you, and ive never sold on ebay I guess i would do check, the problem with paypal is that i cannot confirm my bank account ever,and if I receive money from you,I cannot spend it because they put spending and recieving limits on accounts that arent verified.

i have my bank debit card verified so i can buy things, problem is they wont let me receive money unless i type in social security or bank account number and they told me they will NEVER let me do business because I lost a simple shipping receipt 5 years ago. I called them last week and they said I have a lifetime ban even though I asked whats wrong, they said I dont owe any money but since some fool in another state wanted a refund, paypal took the money out of my bank, the bank closed my account since it had a negative $1000 balance because of this guy,and then the bank(wells fargo) sent my name to check systems so i cant write checks anywhere again in usa. ALL because paypal asked for a shipping verification receipt that I lost.

Now you know why I hate paypal.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would advise in not meeting with Mr. Brian Chapman...

1 person likes this.
  7. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

way to ruin my chances of selling this. wow, what did i ever do to you?

8. PlanetG

PlanetG Member

Hi, I realize I'm new to the board, but sent 'ya an email with an offer. :)

9. PlanetG

PlanetG Member

...and by new I mean "sorry I'm such a n00b" :HIDE:

10. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

I went ahead and reported this post of yours. Lets see if clutch actually is against harrassment. You saying this and Ive notice you have been following my posts from day 1 by twisting my words. For some reason you have it in for me. Did I offend you somehow? If so, Im sorry,put me on ignore or something, but lets see If clutch says. If you want we can turn this into a email thing back and forth . Trust me mr.clear lake you dont want to go there.

11. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Oh my god! Someone on the internet said I was a weird person!

I HAVE BEEN INSULTED IN AN IMMEASURABLE FASHION

12. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Sent an email, and if anybody falls through, I'll buy it from you.

13. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

You can't sell on eBay any more w/o a paypal account. No more checks or money order because of fraud.

14. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

I've been a victim of fraud twice on eBay even though I paid with PayPal. The only thing PayPal will do is attempt to withdraw funds from the seller's account, but if there's no money in it, you're screwed. So much for buyer protection... :mad:

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

See what I mean? :rolleyes:

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wait? So it is his fault that you were rude?

He is posting in the proper forum, with some cool Rocket's gear, why are you even in here provoking him?

Stuff like that makes this board worse, IMO.

DD

1 person likes this.
  17. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I'm interested in buying this not for the actual bobblehead, but to actually get the chance see if brian_chapman is a real person who exists.

18. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

19. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

That guy is worth the entertainment value here that's for sure.

20. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

That would definantly be an awkward situation, especially if he brings his wife along.