1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rank these three shows (The Americans, The Expanse, and Fargo)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Aug 10, 2019.

?

Which show is your favorite

1. The Americans

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. The Expanse

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  3. Fargo

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Considering binge watching one of these shows. Please let me know your thoughts.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I never watched The Expanse. Fargo and The Americans are both excellent. The Americans is a continuing story with the same cast. Fargo has a different storyline with a different cast each season. That being said, I'd binge The Expanse. :)

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

They’re all very different. I’d probably choose The Americans though it can get a bit tedious and I actually like The Expanse slightly better.... but recognize that can be recent bias.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I've only watched The Expanse and The Americans out of those three. I really liked both of those series.

The Americans is more of a slow burn suspense, but it became quite complex in the plot and hard to follow along, especially after having a year between seasons. I felt like I forgot the plot. It'd be good to binge watch.

The Expanse has more defined arcs and memorable moments. The characters have more personality, too. I think I enjoy The Expanse more.

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I’ve never seen the expanse.

The Americans is a great run that’s satisfying all the way through.

Fargo doesn’t really have a continuing story line though there are some intertwined threads. At it’s peak it’s some of the best television ever.

I’d do Fargo first.

6. biff17

biff17 Member

Depends on your mood and time.

All 3 are worth watching, the Americans would take the most time and is the most plot heavy and most suspenseful.

Fargo is pretty self contained in each season but there is some continuity through each season but nothing that's really important to the plot.

Expanse is not really as plot heavy as the other 2 but still great and has the most momentum from episode to episode.

If it's a weekend binge watch I recommend Expanse 1st.

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

All of these took a little bit of getting into.

Fargo I didn't want to finish the first episode, but after I finished it the rest of the season was nonstop.

The Americans I gave up six or seven episodes in. Remember seeing someone here say that it really got going the episode after the episode I gave up on it.

The Expanse I didn't really like the first season and a half of, but since I have liked it.

The first two seasons of Fargo are two of my favorite seasons of tv ever. Third was good but not as good as the first two.

#7 arkoe, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  8. body slam

body slam Member

I enjoyed the first two season of Fargo. Have not seen season 3. I tried The Americans but could not get into it. I have not watched the Expance.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The first season of Fargo is up there with breaking bad and true detective season one in my opinion. Great stuff

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think Fargo is self contained. Loved the first season but haven't watched after.

Expanse is a huge investment. You either love it by midseason 2 or you're wasting youre time.

I watch Americans occasionally. Good show, but it's not addicting. Haven't watched more than 1 and a half seasons in the last 5 months.

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

I've seen all three. For me, Fargo is the easy choice. Each season of Fargo is a new story, and the first two seasons are fantastic. Season three is not as good, but I still enjoyed it.

I liked The Americans, and The Expanse. But, for me Fargo is on another level. A great level.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I haven't seen Fargo, although I liked the film. Between The Expanse and The Americans, I would pick The Expanse. Of course, I've read the novels. That could create some bias. I also like The Americans. The Cold War was something I lived with from the 1950's until it ended and I've always liked novels, films, and documentaries that deal with some part of the period. The Americans is a rare fictional television series that takes place during the Cold War. There are films galore, from Seven Days in May and Charlie Wilson's War, to The Manchurian Candidate.

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Of the three I've only seen Fargo. But Fargo is now one of my favorite shows of all time and has vaulted Noah Hawley into must-watch territory for me, personally. The guy has such a unique story-telling voice.

I've been meaning to get into The Americans. That may be next on my binge watch list.

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

The poll is split evenly lmao. 5 votes for each show.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The Americans is a spectacular show, but it's one you have to commit to powering through the slow start. The first 2 seasons were easily the shows weakest, I almost dropped it in season 2.

The last 4 seasons are some of the best TV I've ever watched, maybe the best.

16. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Season 1 and 2 of Fargo are for me, right up there with Breaking Bad, True Detective (Season 1), and The Sopranos. Everything from the music, the characters, the setting, the story, it's all well done. It's dark and ridiculous but in the end you feel for these innocent people who, in a variety of ways, get caught up in the world of crime and murder.
    Season 3 was ok, it was good but not nearly as compelling as the first 2 seasons. Definitely follows the theme of the series.

17. Buck Turgidson

Fargo Season 1
    Some of The Americans
    Fargo Season 2
    The Rest of The Americans
    Whatever else you're talking about

18. Buck Turgidson