1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Chamillionaire

Not on the boat with trading anybody in the rotation now. We're playing pretty much flawless basketball right now.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would take Aaron Gordon, would add youth, D, athleticism, length, ball handling, rebounding and scoring.

Just don't know what it would take to get him, if he's even available. Having heckuva season but Magic still sucking so who knows.

3. Chamillionaire

He's their best player so not sure they're willing give him up without a few of our key players.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or 1st round picks. That's picks, plural. And of course salary filler.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  5. anchel

anchel Member

Harrison is playing better than Chalmers lately. I think at some point they will choose him over Chalmers as the backup PG. What would they ask for Chalmers? He seems to be obtainable.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A second round pick, I guess. I'm not keen on him though. I would appreciate if you could come up with a trade to obtain another backup 4/5.

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Harden would have to beat his ass first

RocketsTerps likes this.
  8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

9. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Reeko, da_juice, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Reeko and Mathloom like this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Low key deadline trade if T.Chandler gets bought out and comes here like Codman has been hinting might be a real possibilty (it would allow us to use T.Black as a salary trade chip).

Black, T.Williams, Onuaku + 2 seconds to the Kings for Garrett Temple. Kings can waive Black and either Williams or Onuaku.

Temple has developed into a solid 3&D player since his time in Houston many years ago, he can guard 3 positions, smart player, this year he's hitting 40% from 3 at a decent clip, he's just wasting away on the Kings and could likely be had as a 31 year old vet who's playing a position that isn't of need for them with Hield/Bog/Hill/Fox/Richardson/Carter/Mason all on their depth chart.

Paul / Temple
    Harden / Gordon
    Ariza / Moute
    Anderson / Tucker
    Capela / Nene / Chandler

+ Qi, Brown

That would be some killer additions for our depth.

RocketsTerps and da_juice like this.
  12. saleem

Nanu is useless I admit, and I think Troy Williams has some trade value, and so does Black, but why are you proposing to give up
    two second round picks on top of that for Temple?

da_juice likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Ive seen us traded 2 seconds for Prigioni lol.

But mostly because of what you said, none of those players have any value, on top of that they would have cut 2 players due to it being a 3 for 1 trade meaning they are eating cap. We also have the 2nd best record in the league, our pick is going to be extremely late.

To me that would be a no brainer deal on our end considering Temple is 3&D guy shooting 40% from 3 who has the size to guard 3 positions, he's a nice piece that should have the value of a couple of seconds.

14. saleem

I get your point, I do think Black has some value, and a healthy Troy Williams to a lesser extent. I don't mind giving up a future second along with them. I'm more interested in acquiring another 4/5 with a buyout than another guard/ SF.

D-rock likes this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

interesting, I feel like our C/PF position is pretty packed with a 3 man C rotation, and Anderson/Tucker/Moute who's all natural position is PF imo, plus Ariza/Harden can put in spot up 4 minutes as well. I have a hard time seeing any minutes at PF position being taken from this guys.

I think our biggest need is a quality guard depth piece that can play D. I noticed we struggled against Toronto's small guard lineup pretty bad, they ran 3 point guards basically and they got past our forwards/wings too easily due to their quickness advantage. Same problem happened against the Nets, their quick multi guard rotation consisting of Dinwiddie/Whitehead/LeVert/Kilpatrick carved our bigger defenders up. While Harden plays PG offensively, he definiely
    can't play it defensively, Hardens actually best guarding forwards, we just don't have much defensive guard depth (no disrespect to Weber, Brown or Jackson but they simply haven't showed they are good enough to get minutes).

Temple is only 195 and has the lateral quickness to stay in from of quick guards better then anybody but Paul on this team.

I would also take a upgrade over Tarik Black though, while he hasn't been bad, if someone like T.Chandler becomes free you have to go for it.

16. saleem

Tyson would be better than Tarik, but Capela struggles greatly against anyone who is stronger than him on defense. Nor can he give us significant post scoring. Teams are going to defend the P/R more often
    too. Anderson has improved, but Nene has slowed down. A younger Nene would have been ideal. I do agree that Harden is best off defending 3's. Luc is our best choice on 2's, another guard would help us too, as you have correctly pointed out.

17. saleem

Is the recently waived Kirkpatrick any good? 845 K is his contract.

18. Calebhardin9

Calebhardin9 Member

He's an offense only player. He's awesome in 2k. I'd say he's worth a look for that 4th guard spot.

saleem likes this.
  19. saleem

Just looked at Temple's contract. It's 8M. Can't add him without sending players out, and I don't want to do that.

20. saleem

My bad, I didn't realize that his name is Kilpatrick.