1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2018-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. That’s a clown ass comment. I haven’t watched him much. You’re right. But neither have you considering he doesn’t play all that much. A back up point guard on a crappy team entering his fourth year has star potential that you obviously see but no one else in the league does. Get out of here.

fattz and topfive like this.
  2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Glad someone agrees.
    Not the best night to argue that Aaron Gordon is that attainable for our crappy package. He’s 4 for 4 in the first theee minutes.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I like Isaac. He’s played 37 nba games. 37.

I like Bamba.

But let’s slow our roll here.

Maybe they do move on from Gordon. And/or Vucevic, Simmons, Ross or more.

It ain’t happening for EG and 4 first round picks.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Comments like that ... What do you expect how others will respond? I wish you could cut these BS out.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Don’t need to slow anything, the details of trade is on Morey. AGordon was on trade block last season before he was re-signed and Isaac potential is becoming production. He will be the franchise player that ORL envisioned when they drafted him. In 5 seasons, AGordon is becoming a very good player finally but may never be a franchise player. Isaac will soon supplant him at 4.

Rockets do not need AGordon to be a franchise player NOW while Magic do.

And Magic need Vucevic’s consistent offense and ability to spread floor. His salary is more manageable than AGordon plus he can mentor and eventually back up Bamba. Isaac does not need to be mentored by young guy like AGordon.

6. basketballholic

I've watched every second of his career going back to Duke. He's a player.

7. basketballholic

Comments like "Tyus is bad" ..... What do you expect how others will respond? I wish you would cut these BS out.

8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Two things. First of all, you have not watched every second of Tyus’ career in Minnesota.

Secondly, I don’t have any specific beef with you; I don’t remember too many posters with their specific posts. And I have no problem with you seeing the potential in someone that hasn’t accomplished anything yet. But maybe when that player has averaged 4.4 pts and 2.8 assists in his career thus far, and is shooting a dismal 32.6% and 29.4% from the field and three this season, then you should gently disagree with my opinion of him and say you think he can be a stud, rather than question me knowing basketball for not considering Tyus a star. Otherwise you just sound, with all due respect, stupid.

Not only are you preaching knowledge with no facts; the facts show the exact opposite of what you believe.

majicdonjuan and biff17 like this.
  9. thekad

thekad Member

Tyus Jones is a good player. Eric Gordon has an 8.0 PER but we’re aware that that’s not representative of his talent.

Doesn’t matter though since Thibs doesn’t want to trade with the Rockets.

10. JayZ750

I’m not sure you actually watch the Magic.

Isaacs potential isn’t becoming production. He has basically one solid offense dice game this year and a few last year.

Again... I really like his upside. Can be an amazing defender and a plus offensive player... in time.

He’s not close to that yet. He’s on the AGordon trajectory frankly.

Yes he is still very very young. So was Brandon Ingram last year. So was Tatum.

And DM is great. He’s not a magician. If he was this team would have Butler. So it’s not “on Morey”. He can present an offer he deems fair or more than fair but there’s another GM involved and other bidders.

Zoplicone likes this.
  11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He would just be a nice two way vet to have for the money we are already wasting on Knight and realistic to actually acquire without terrible long term consequences. Granted I haven’t watched Hill play a lot in the past couple years so I don’t know if his game has declined signicantly.

I do agree we need a big also, but I feel like protecting CP3 is pretty important too. Maybe we could get Ed Davis. I haven’t watched him play this year but he is rebounding like a monster and his defensive metrics seem solid.

12. JayZ750

This is probably/definitely crazy but I’d rather just see what a healthy Knight could potentially do in that scenario. Assuming he can ever get healthy.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Well there's the kiss of death.

Good luck in China in a few years, Tyus.

BigMaloe, ApacheWarrior and D-rock like this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

James Johnson is back playing for Miami. I guess he’ll be on a minutes restriction for a while. Weren’t we after him?

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, but it was unrealistic to acquire him for RA plus picks. I like him, but Knight or Chriss won't get it done.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

You ask a question, I answer. You tell me to slow my roll because it is your opinion that Isaac is not playing as well I believe he is.

Plus it doesn't matter how slow or fast my roll is, I have no control over trades. Magician or not, that is Morey's job.

You are just being argumentative because you did not like my response.

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

You have some issues. Seriously. There are other ways to present your argument. You don't really need to resort to this.

18. basketballholic

I've watched every second of his on-court career, and around 75% of it multiple times.

19. JayZ750

No, I'm just of the opinion this isn't really even an argument. It's not even an opinion.

Isaac has now played 38 games, has scored double digits in just 6 of them, hasn't proven himself to be a particularly special shooter, etc.

He's improving and you can definitely see elite defensive potential.... but it is what it is right now. The Magic aren't moving Aaron Gordon to hand the franchise over to Jonathan Isaac.

20. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Anybody keep up with Brooklyn? Are they still in rebuilding mode? Spencer Dinwiddie and Joe Harris to me would fit well. Hell they might buy out Faired since he doesn't seem to get any minutes but think he would work well for what Chriss was suppose to be.

I say Dinwiddie since he is on his last year and Harris has one more year.