1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2018-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 7, 2018.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Kemba Walker?!? (Wait: I need more punctuation.) KEMBA WALKER?!?!!? The dude who just hung 60 (albeit in a last-second losing cause?)

Sheee************y************************t.

Maybe if Charlotte wants to do that four first rounders thing.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is their franchise player. There is no way they would give him up.

joshuaao likes this.
  3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Then would much rather have someone like Tyus Jones or JJ barea whos just as pesty on defense. But he’s old tho.

4. saleem

Tyus Jones would be great, but is he available? Morey has wanted him for a long time with no luck.

Rudyc281 and joshuaao like this.
  5. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

That's the last player Charlotte would trade, why do you think that would be an option? Also he would be very mad about that, guy is trying to get max, not be a bench player, but the fit is bad with both Harden and Paul anyways, it's an odd roster. It would be a dumb decision by Houston to send assets that can supposedly get back Walker out for him, instead of for a similar level player at SF for example.

I don't believe those assets are there anyways, but just saying.

saleem and HP3 like this.
  6. basketballholic

He is but attached to Dieng. We could probably get Tyus with Dieng if we gave them Knight and.....one of our young bigs not named Chriss. And we may be able to get him for a little less than that.
    Morey also looking at Knight and possibly others including Nene along with one pick to Sacramento and taking back expiring contracts (Shump/Kostas/McLemote/Mason). Once again possibly on or before Dec. 7. Can't believe cyberx hasn't started a thread yet about Morey trying to move Knight now.
    Tyus should be starting in Minnesota. He's a basketball genius. IQ off the charts. Either him or Frank Mason make a lot of sense here as Paul's understudy.

#226 basketballholic, Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  7. saleem

Is this young big Clint Capela? If yes, then it's not worth it in my opinion. He is an important role player. Dieng and Hartenstein can't replace him.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Of course he was talking about trading Capela , that's the only big on the Rockets roster with enough salary to bring Dieng's horrible contract back with some filler ….

Really anytime he starts that conversation , we should completely ignore it - just don't respond to the silly **** , it really doesn't deserve a response … eventually he'll get the picture (or not?)

Zhou Qi is better than Capela ?! Thong Maker ?!….Capela sucks ? Just ignore it.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Anyone think we could pry George Hill off of Cleveland for Knight, Chriss, and a pick or even just straight up to save them some money?

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Last year he shot 43% when he was getting minutes. It appeared he was starting to put it all together. He shot 38% in 4 years of college.

This year he is only getting garbage time, and has only attempted 4 threes total.

11. saleem

It might be worth a chance to try and acquire him. I like his passing, defense and his ability to finish at the rim.

12. saleem

I don't think so. That would be a great acquisition though. CP3 would be fresh going forward.

13. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

I think Sofolocha he is out of the Jazz rotation so he is obtainable and he can help our D

14. saleem

He might be obtainable, but I think he is a bit old now.

15. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

He could be talking about Hartenstein or Qi. I still wouldn’t do it since Dieng’s contract is so nasty fwiw

16. basketballholic

No. Knight and one of the other young bigs.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

18. basketballholic

Possibly at the deadline. Might not be a direct deal though.

19. basketballholic

No I wasn't talking about Capela.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Probably... but why?