1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Radio Shakeup - 790 chooses Josh Innes over Adam Clanton

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Clutch, Apr 30, 2018.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Trust me, Nobody on 610 knows wtf they are talking about when it comes to Baseball or Basketball. They can't pronounce half the players names. It's clearly all Texans / Football talk.

DonnyMost likes this.
  2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Naw, can’t agree with you here. I’m actually looking forward to when Mad Radio shifts gears over to mostly Texans talk.

The NBA offseason is overrated and the MLB season is far too long for daily extended discussion, for me at least.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Let me guess, you're over 35.

4. HR Dept

No

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

That wasn't my point. They talk Texans the minute NFL season ends till the first day. It's pretty funny to hear Mark V come on every Mon-Tues and interview the coach etc.

I've heard Lopez mispronounce so many of the Rockets bench players and not know who is coming up from the Astros farm system. It's cringe worthy when they get into any other sport. If you are on the radio in Houston, you should know all of your teams & what else is going on in the world besides Texans. Especially when the Rockets / Astros are 100 years ahead of the Texans.

Texans are 1 injury away (No matter what position) from being 6-10. 9-7 is always the peak. That team is ran like the Clippers 90s era.

Nook and buffalobills!!! like this.
  6. HR Dept

I am down for some Ken Giles convo though. Hilarious!

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

One of guys on 97.5 said he was told not to talk baseball when he was on 610.

esketit and buffalobills!!! like this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL....I seriously doubt that. How long ago? 4 years ago? The Astros and Rockets get plenty of time on 610. Hell, during the playoffs....Paul Gallant was basically trying not to do play by play (illegal) when games were on during his nighttime show last October.

Are the Texans their #1 focus? Yes. Just like the Astros and Rockets are 790's #1 focus.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  9. conquistador#11

it takes for ken giles to happen for these mofos to talk baseball. I hate it! 610 had this cool show on going from 9-11, "The Shift" and they canceled it not even after a week?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No...they are rotating shows between 7-11 since they moved Gallant. They will have 2 different host in the slot, although at least one of the show is 7 to 9 only. Adam and Adam was Tuesday 7-11pm. They have a baseball-centric show (The Shift).....Thursday I think...with 2 fill-in host who have the most baseball knowledge.
    https://twitter.com/fogelsaidwhat?lang=en (Host the Shift).

One of the reason they are doing this is the Texans and the NFL games take up much of the 7-11 shift during the Fall. So after Gallant moved (he shows were reduced and cut for basically 5-6 months), they are trying this.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You guys are really restricting yourselves to quality/daily sports talk by limiting your options to two pretty horrible AM stations.

Nook likes this.
  12. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

Houston sports radio is garbage. XM is where its at.

Houstunna likes this.
  13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Anyone know what Joel Blank is b****ing and complaining about?

14. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I gave a shot reading his Tweets, no idea!!

In another odd pairing filling in today for CP it's the Mighty Scout and Matt Jackson!

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Switched to Sirius XM a year ago to listen mostly to fantasy football discussion. Which other XM channels/shows you listening to?

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Healthy Texans can win Eleven even with O'Brien.

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I have XM and I think it’s the worst sports talk ever. Man I try, but MLB and NBA talk is terrible and completely biased.

arkoe likes this.
  18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Listening to 610 the other day on a drive to the airport. Really forgot who was on but.....

Here are some funny stuff you hear.

They didn’t know the Astros Triple A team. Had to ask for reassurance.

They also pronounced Kenneth Farieds name as Farhad and were like we don’t even know who he is. Someone on the Nuggets.

More examples of 98% of 610 just not knowing more than 1 sport.

Houstunna likes this.
  19. esketit

esketit Member

this dude in here defending 610 to the death lmao. they know less than the average clutchfan about baseball and basketball.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Ew.

RasaqBoi likes this.