1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pro-Trump NBA fans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 16, 2017.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I take the opinions of smart people I respect seriously. I don't have to agree with them, but if I disagree it will make me think twice about it.

And it is no surprise that a smart person like Pop who values character, intelligence, hard work, responsibility, class, etc. would have the views he has about Trump. Its not that it just happens to be the case that he'd think something like that.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL and you base those judgements on if they agree with you or not. You wouldn't be blowing Pop right now if he said something you disagreed with, you'd be running him down. It is what it is I guess, but it really is transparent.

3. durvasa

If he said something I disagree with, you're right I wouldn't be saying he is speaking the truth. What a remarkable observation!

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You wouldn't be going on about him being smart and valuing character, intelligence, hard work, responsibility, class, ect if he was saying things you disagreed with. That's just you fluffing him to make it seem like his opinion should hold more weight. Again, it's really transparent.

5. amaru

amaru Member

I doubt anyone is waiting on the edge of their seat for your attention lol

6. durvasa

Why would a person I consider smart about things like character, leadership, responsibility, etc. make a comment I strongly disagree with relating to those issues? That would be very surprising. If such a thing actually happened, I would take a moment to reconsider my position as I already said. And if it was a topic I thought important enough to comment on and he didn't sway me, I'd probably say something along the lines of: "Surprised to hear him say that. I don't agree because ..." I would not be calling him an idiot or saying his opinion his worthless, because, well, I'm not like you. I takes a lot for me to be that dismissive of another person's views.

London'sBurning likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't be so sure. I have many leather bound books.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Don't you have like a GED or something.

Pop is more qualified and educated than you to express his opinion.

el gnomo likes this.
  9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

That would work if the democrats elected an actor. That would also work if the democrats were the ones doing the bulk of the complaining about splitting politics and entertainment. Try and keep up.

10. Granville

Granville Member

He’s a jackass too. Not defending Trump. Pop’s comments are hypocritical that’s all

11. durvasa

How many people around the NBA think Pop is a jackass, as opposed to respecting him highly as both a coach and a human being?

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/5/21/11721714/nba-playoffs-spurs-press-media

He may have a prickly demeanor with reporters, at times, particularly immediately after losses or during games, but it isn't remotely comparable to the personality issues Trump has.

#91 durvasa, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Ah, I see Bobby the 'never-Trump', tubby, snowflake, mommas basement dwelling, GED having virgin is here defending Trump again. Weird.

TheRealist137 likes this.