1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pro-Trump NBA fans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 16, 2017.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Don't all the reporters love him and don't they know it's a 'inside joke' and when one of those reporters are sick, he shows how much he cares?

Was that a troll post?

2. fchowd0311

Pop is more qualified to speak in regards to politics and geopolitical nuance than the current president/tv reality star.

3. fchowd0311

What's the purpose of your comment?

Did you ask for the purpose of Ted Nugent's many comments that are based on signficantly less merit than Pop's comment in regards to reality regarding Obama? Did you care.

Why are you so irked when Orange Chetto is called out? Why do you believe your posts have more merit than Pop's comments?

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Where did I say I "blindly" support every president?

5. fchowd0311

You said you support every President because of the position which would imply your 'support' of a president is not based in merit but rather the position.

If that's not what you meant, you should rephrase your statement because that's what it definitely implies.

Did you support Bush when he involved us in a pointless war that costs us trillions of dollars and human lives?

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

My statement was "I have supported every president." I lived through 7 but I will admit I don't remember Carter . I haven't agreed with everything they have done, no. But i didn't say that either. I don't see a reason to rephrase what i said because you think I implied something. There is no reason to argue about this. Quit being annoying.

7. fchowd0311

So you based your support by the mere fact they hold the position?

8. Granville

Granville Member

Popovich has admitted that he's a jerk to the media. His wife even called him out for it. I never said he didn't befriend any reporters. I just said he often belittles them for just doing their job.

9. Granville

Granville Member

Not possible.....

TheresTheDagger and Astrodome like this.
  10. fchowd0311

I thought it was a long standing joke that everyone in the media is on and he basically is loved by all these reporters. Look at his relationship between the TNT crew and him. They laugh and joke about it. They love it

You seriously have to be joking to call Pop a hypocrite for being blunt for obvious comedic purposes in a post game basketball and that being somehow similar to Trump's daily verbal diarrhea from the position of the most powerful office on the planet. Pop's blunt answers to a NBA interview is not comparable to Trump using his position of political clout as POTUS to state things like threatening a private news organzation's license to air just because he disagrees with them.

You are trolling right?

11. omgTHEpotential

There are a lot of truly pathetic posters here. Criticizing Pop for using his "celebrity platform" to address real issues? GTFO.

el gnomo and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What makes Pop a POS? He doesn't do POS things like grabbing women by their p*****s

el gnomo likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't have a problem with Pop speaking his mind....I just don't see why it's something I should care about. I don't get my plumbing advice from a banker and I don't get my medical advice from a janitor.

Perhaps in some circles it's considered acceptable to get your politics from comedians and celebrities....but that sounds like a personal problem to me.

BruceAndre likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

So only people with political science degrees can speak on the POTUS?

So to only have your criticism heard you have to obtain a worthless degree?

Isn't our POTUS a reality TV star with no disernible skills?

15. fchowd0311

This is the most irnoic part.

The most powerful single political position on this planet is held by a man who was a reaility TV star who duped millions into believing he was a knowledgable 'businessman' just because he nutted out of a 250 million dollar penis.

We essentially have a man who has the expertise of a used cars salesman as POTUS and people are b****ing about an educated NBA head coach speaking criticisms of our reality TV star president.

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I don't mind Pop's statements. Just like the kneelers, they should say what they want. We have the choice to listen.

jayhow92 likes this.
  17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

That's right. We should get our political advice from chubby, momma's basement dwelling, unemployed virgins that post on basketball message boards all day errday.

[​IMG]

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

90% of whom are better suited for the presidency than our actual president. smdh.

el gnomo and fchowd0311 like this.
  19. fchowd0311

Man that's a really sad reality.

The real question is do posters like Astrodome or RL have enough pride in their intellegence to admit that most likely they are more intellegent than the current POTUS.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with this. I don't think we need or should base our sports fandom on politics. I politically might agree with Pop but I'm still going to cheer very hard against the Spurs when they play the Rockets. I have no idea what D'Antoni's political beliefs are but I will root for the Rockets. AJ Hinch could be wearing a MAGA hat today and I will stil root for the Astros.