1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Prime T-mac vs Prime KD

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Dec 11, 2018.

?

Prime

1. KD

55 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Tmac

48 vote(s)
    43.6%
  3. Tie

7 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

T-Mac for sure

2. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

TMAC would win! he had the handles of a point guard, and that quickness was going to enable him to get separation in order to get his shot off. it would be close tho, real close. TMAC would be a better perimeter defender, at least being able to get a hand in KDs face. KD would probably hit five shots in a row and then eventually miss. i feel like once TMAC gets the ball though, he'd be driving past KD a lot.

3. macan

macan Member

i'll take prime T-mac for sure. KD soft as charmin that MFer

jcf and bmelo like this.
  4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

KD is a b&t@h, he would lose for sure.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

no, JR Smith is dumb

KD’s decision to go to GS is weaker than anything T-Mac ever did

HP3 and Kruze10 like this.
  6. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Can argue either way on offense, but Durant is an unquestionably better defender

Blurr#7 likes this.
  7. bmelo

bmelo Member

That's false. I remember times when T-Mac stopped prime Dirk in playoffs, when he was bought in to play d he was one of the best defenders

jcf likes this.
  8. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

T-MAC, one of the most overrated player in the history of basketball....Hmmmm...i think KD got this one by FAR. LOl

tinman likes this.
  9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Kd proved he can’t win on his own and gets frustrated when players are physical with him...

10. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I don't think Durant could stop prime T-Mac on a 1-on-1. Then again, Durant has the size and speed to get through T-Mac... I think it's a draw.

11. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

KD is legit, but weirdly, last year's playoffs against the warriors made me lose a lil respect/awe of him. We pretty much shut him down until curry gave him that space in games 6-7. He had a GREAT game 1 but he looked very vulnerable against our defense. It's a credit to us, but KD was billed to be unstoppable in every way and ariza, gordon, harden, and cp made him miss a ton of shots he shouldn't have.

But to speak of the debate, I love me some tmac and I'll go with his explosiveness/more dynamic options to score, but could go either way as KD really does only need to shoot over someone without a dribble.

12. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

The crazy thing about T-Mac was his talent level was out of this world. If he had the work ethic and leadership skills to go with his god given gifts, we might be talking about the GOAT...

BaselineFade likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's 1 vs 1 and not a team game. KD learnt alot from Mac so it would not be fair.

KD might win but McGrady would put a tomahawk windmill off the glass session on him.

Raptor McGrady was very intense defensively and had crazy wingspan as well.

[​IMG]

#33 daywalker02, Dec 12, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    BaselineFade, Caesar and jevjnd like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Evan Funnier.

#34 daywalker02, Dec 12, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    Caesar likes this.
  15. gotsis

gotsis Member

I believe a prime T-Mac scored in more ways than a prime KD. He also played a much more physical game, driving with much more intensity, don't let the long 2 point heat check jumpers he started loving later in his career, fool you from how good he was in his prime.

jcf and BaselineFade like this.
  16. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

all this discussion of who would win one on one takes away from what I think is one clear area T-Mac is better than KD, and that's passing. Their overall stat lines with regard to assists don't do justice to how much more creative of a passer T-Mac was. It's a shame prime T-Mac couldn't play in this era for the Rockets because he would kill it.

Caesar, daywalker02 and gotsis like this.
  17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

They should have that 1 on 1 in jello. A good ol fashioned b**** fight in jello.

18. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Assuming there isn't a significant difference in size (and there isn't here), I feel that 1-on-1 mostly comes down to a combination of explosiveness and ball handling. Personally, I'd say that prime TMac has the edge in both categories by a decent margin. KD is certainly the better three point shooter, but in 1-on-1 that's a shot you want your opponent taking, as it's still relatively low percentage and a miss is almost guaranteed to end their possession.

It would depend on the exact rules, such as "make-it, take-it", limited dribbles, missed shot = turnover, etc. but I think I'd have to go with TMac, though I'd expect it to be close.

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

KD can't even beat Mully in a shoot out.

90s was pure.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Zboy

JR SMITH!! Cold!