1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Preseason Wk 2] Lions at Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Aug 17, 2019.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

If Howard, Roderick Johnson, and Scharping pan out, then the Gaine firing will be a bad look.

tamericus likes this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'll expand on that.

If you're going to move him around, let him play both tackles. To me, he's a tackle. I'd start him at right, as many teams do with their rookie left tackles, and then move him to the left side once he emerges and adapts to the speed of the game. This makes even more sense considering his lack of experience at the position and coming from a small school.

I'm alright playing Scharping at either guard or right tackle.

If it were up to me, and it's not, and the coaches have seen a lot more than me, this is what my line would look like:

Johnson- Henderson
    Martin- Mancz
    Fulton-Martin-Mancz
    Scharping-Kelemete
    Howard-Henderson

That's 8 linemen. The ninth is a toss up and I'm sure there's someone I'm missing. I guess Rankin. I don't think you need a tenth. I'm a bit concerned about having two rookies on that one side, but they just may be your two best linemen. I think Henderson is a good swing guy, and I like Kalil is worthless and should have been cut. He's stealing guy's reps at this point, and I'm starting to really dislike him for that.

I think that line is at least average, with a chance to improve to an above average unit with a little cohesion and development.

Like I said, I'm no coach, but to me, that's what I'd do.

DieHard Rocket likes this.
  3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

But if Dillard REALLY pans out, then both Gaine AND the Texans will have egg on their face.