1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PRC Territorial Expansion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Feb 10, 2016.

1. adoo

adoo Member

China sees Indian politicians / military / academia / media (supposedly not state-owned) continue to cover up a blatant lie for over 54 years, at the expense of the PRC.

If you're a student of the China/Indian War of 1962, then you must know about the the Henderson Brooks-Bhagat report; the two-volume report (operational analysis) was written by two Indian army officers in 1963 to examine India's defeat in the Sino-Indian War. It has been classified as top secret by the Indian government.

London Times correspondent Neville Maxwell was able obtain a copy of volume one;
    the report frames a narrative that India was the unprovoked aggressor, and
    the order to trespass into Tibet came from the very top, Prime Minister Nehru
    His book, "India's China War", was based on the information in this report.

in 2014, ~ 50 years after this report was written, when the Indian government still refused to de-classify it, Maxwell posted volume 1 on his website.

Hell,
    even Trump, after lying about Obama's place of birth for 5 years, had acquiesced to the truth, albeit begrudgingly,​

Why won't India's politicians / military / academia / media, even after 54 year !​

#41 adoo, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  2. adoo

adoo Member

The Russians have never let go of its claim that Ukraine, as well as Alaska, is Russian territory

3. Nook

Nook Member

That whole area of the world is run by scumbags.

China, Russia, India, North Korea.

4. WNBA

WNBA Member

Said by someone from a NAZI country ruled by a scumbag.

5. Nook

Nook Member

NAZI country? Please tell me what election a NAZI has ever won in the USA?

Also, if NAZI's are your thing, stay away from Russia, because there are quite a few NAZI's in Russia.

6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I am going to say over the last 40 years, Chinese leaders have been better at ruling the country than the US leaders.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

8. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

I've been told that the US isn't innocent. We're killers too. Comes straight from the president himself.

adoo likes this.
  9. pirc1

This is where Trump learned all his egos from.

10. Nook

Nook Member

I'm going to say you are wrong.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Who said the USA is innocent?

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I don't understand how your brain has enough power to perform basic functions like breathing.

13. pirc1

Where was China in 1977? Where is China now?

14. Nook

Nook Member

Not a fair comparison.

China was at the absolute bottom in 1977, mostly from a poor economic system and very poor leadership. Further, lets see how China does going from a production economy to a consumer economy. It is a lot simpler to produce products with very low labor costs, than having a population expecting wages in line with other first world countries.

I have absolutely no trust of the PRC or how they conduct business.

Right now they scrape for the scraps that the United States and Western Europe no longer want. Such as the exploitation of Africa and efforts at land grabs.

15. pirc1

If it was so simple, African would could be turned into China II, how about India? How about Middle East or Russia? If it was so easily done, how come it has never been done before?

Just look at the US and see how hard it is to get something done, did you realize how hard it was to go from Mao's system to basically a capitalistic system? That does not take great leadership? What did you expect Chinese leaders to be able to accomplish if I put you back in 1977?

#55 pirc1, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Never been done before? Explain how it has never been done before.

Africa and the Middle East are vastly different areas with vastly different cultures than China. As for Russia, they have done it before. They unified the area and were the second strongest nation in the world for half a century.

India is an interesting situation. There are economists and sociologists that believe that India will be the next nation to rapidly develop and will be the natural choice as a producer economy. In fact the process has already started.

Judging the quality of rulership is extremely subjective. I personally have very little respect for the PRC, how they conduct themselves and their vision for the future. I have no interest in ever living in China under the PRC.

17. pirc1

Just look at the US and see how hard it is to get something done, did you realize how hard it was to go from Mao's system to basically
    I think you are letting your emotion getting in the way of judgement, to me the #1 criteria to judge the rulers of nation is are the people better off under their leadership and is the country more powerful on the international stage. Soviet union was powerful, but you cannot say the people were much better off under Soviet leadership.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Why is it hard to get something done in the USA? Because there is free speech and a balance of powers. That isn't the case in China, it is a lot easier to make radical changes when you have a single party with command of everything. Look at the former Soviet Union as an example.

Were the people better off under the Soviet Union? I would argue that it really depends. In many cases, Russians were better off under Soviet rule until the USA strangled them economically and politically. I am not a believer of Communism, be it full blown like in the Soviet Union or just a type of complete state control like China. Are the Chinese better? In some cases they are, there are less people starving but there are many that have been forced to move to large cities where they live in poor conditions and work long hard hours.

I will agree with you that China is more powerful on the international stage than in 1977, but so is the USA. The USA currently has no legitimate international rival, like they did in 1977.

To claim that the leadership in China over the last 40 years is better than in the USA is a very subjective argument.

I personally have no interest in living is a nation with the level of corruption and power consolidated at the top in a few people. For all the issues in the USA, you can still say and support and press for what you believe in. That isn't the case in China or Russia or India.

19. pirc1

The Chinese are better in some cases? Have you lived in China in the 70s? I have, and I can tell you for the vast majority of the people in China, they are way way way better today than in 1977.

20. Nook

Nook Member

I haven't lived in China is 1977. I have been to China numerous times and have spoken to a lot of people that are not happy with their lives or their jobs. That they are not happy with living in large cities and are not happy with food prices, rural land grabs, corruption and the huge disparity between the ruling class and everyone else.

You are entitled to your opinion. I stand by mine, I have zero desire to visit China again or live in China as long as the PRC is in control. Most people in the West do not realize the level of control the PRC has over everything and everyone in China with an oligarchy controlling everything. The PRC has had to take steps to keep the well educated and wealthy from leaving China.