1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Positivity thread] Best deal we didn’t make!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Warmly welcome lebrun james to your houston rockets next year.

2. theimpossibles1

Hopefully he can ignore/forgive us petty fans. I really do see him as the type who can channel that criticism into positive motivation. He has a clear role on the team and now has 2 superstar guards dishing to him and more help on defense. All he has to do is knock down open 3s and we will embrace him again very quickly.

3. mario_v

mario_v Member

Capela averaged 12.5 points 8 rebounds 1 block per game in only 24 minutes.

Imagine if he played 36 minutes a game. He could average 18 ppg, 12 rebounds, 2 blocks.

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Also we saved ourselves from the embarrassment of that championship formula key he rejected

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Maybe Ryno goes nuts from three this year home and on the road. That would be nice.

6. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Let's not forget, Carmelo was a luxury for us not a necessity. We had the 2nd best roster in the west without him. Maybe we're 3rd behind okc but a bench of abrines, Felton, Grant, PP doesn't scream elite to to me.... Mia's bench was kinda busted too but this ain't Lebron, Wade and Bosh who each alone made their teams better. This is Russell can win a playoff series without Durant, Carmelo I've never elevated the players around me Anthony, Paul George.....

Our team will gel quickly..... Capela will be better. And this year we'll actually be able to stop people from scoring when we want to.....

Harden took us to a top 3 team by himself and now he has help in another guy who could do it too and he doesn't even have to play defense this year!!!!!!

We'll be fine.....

7. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Sometimes the best deals are the ones you don't make. My dad told me that when I was a kid, of course he was drunk at the time.

Think im gonna get a beer now. Cheers to you Clutchfans!!!

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  8. da_juice

da_juice Member

We didn't have any assets that wouldn't have made the team worse. If Melo was a littleyounger I think Morey trades Capela for him easily. That wasnt the case. Nor is Memo, while very good,anywhere near Boston KG level (where he's past his prime but radically changes the team)

9. Tha_Dude

Also, i would like to dedicate this song to a man named Burt Steele. He's a true insider and should be taken seriously anytime he farts on twitter.

10. Nivos

Nivos Member

Im with you!
    Didnt want to waste a draft pick on Melo and I actually love what Anderson brings in this system.
    Would be OK for a straight up swap with Anderson or take him after a buy out but didnt want to overpay.
    There will be nice things a long the way. Im sure.
    Mark Gasol, we're coming for you!

11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Chicken wings today.

Buffalo sauce and honey mustard. Delicious.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  12. Daddy Long Legs

Maybe @Tha_Dude was right from the beginning and we are better off without melo

5 star thread OP, we need more posts and threads painting our current situation as a glass half full rather than half empty

Tha_Dude likes this.
  13. Daddy Long Legs

Dissapointed... Sashimi...

14. Tha_Dude

We're better off with Ariza and Gordon. Melo can come here next summer if he wants to.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  15. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Just out of curiosity, who do you see as perfect third guy fit?

16. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

This board gets so horny for whoever's available. Omigod Carmelo, we gotta gut the bench and offer an unprotected 2020 first for him!

Really? Carmelo was the answer?

Please go look up the definition of "opportunity cost." It's what we didn't focus on when we signed Ryan Anderson. I have no problem with Morey thinking more about it now. A team led by Harden and Paul can land a much more potent player than Carmelo. But to get there, we have to be patient. Let's see where we are a year from now.

heypartner likes this.
  17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Perfect? Anthony Davis or Jokic.
    Available? Cousins probably..

Matt78777 likes this.
  18. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

So many posters playing checkers with all this Melo Olympian argument for the last 4 months. He had ONE good game against Australia in 2016 STHU. ONE GAME! The rest of his games he was very non existent. I'm so sick of this point. Melo has not been an OVERATRED player for many years now. What has he done in the NBA playoffs lately... NOTHING he can't get there in the EAST. Could have MDA done something with him? Probably so but he won't have moved the needle vs the Warriors because we need 2 way players. Melo is an old stat filling ball stopper that can't play D.

Morey is still playing Chess while you guys want him fired and think EGO and/or Clint should've been dealt.

Positive: The season starts soon!

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

it's definitely inappropriate because you're supposed to google "i am excite" or "surprise buttsecks" in this situation.

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. onreego

onreego Member

Hope he doesn't mind giving up a banana boat load of money.