1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Positivity thread] Best deal we didn’t make!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Sanity2disChaos

He has a throwback Melo Denver Nuggets jersey on!!He not feeling this at all!!!!!!

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Ariza is not as great as he once was. Plus I would take Melo holding down a PF over Ariza. Bigger body.

We have 1 player on the team that can score at will. When he falls, the entire team fails. Replay the Spurs series.

Gordon, Anderson, Ariza, Capela etc. None can get a shot off if Harden isn't doing his thing. Passing and scoring.

All those players I mentioned, score here and there. Don't even know what it takes to be in crucial game positions to win.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

didn't the Knicks want RA + Ego or Capela?

or wasn't the pkg enough to get Melo?

I haven't ready anything where the choice was Ariza + Tucker or Melo

RasaqBoi likes this.
  4. Sanity2disChaos

Whatever man..... wait on this turd to drop from my butt. The waiting and end result will be worth it!!Yule See

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I think Capela will have a bigger season this year. Paul will def get the best out of him. He will average more points & rebs.

I also think this is the best time to deal Capela.

da_juice and don grahamleone like this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We have an entirely different roster. We have Chris Paul instead of Patrick F'ing Beverley. The offense is going to be record breaking good, trust me on that.

I would take Ariza holding down a C, a Jordan, a Shaq, an ANYBODY over Carmelo...

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I'm fine if we didn't get the deal done because the Knicks were hell bent on getting Capela because I wouldn't have given him up either. but if it was because of Gordon i would have liked to have seen Morey pull the trigger and if it was because of Ariza I'm really pissed because that just shows arrogance by Morey that we were Melos only option...

You only get so many chances to add Hall of Fame level players and you don't let bench players that are an injury liability every year or slightly above average 3&D wing players stop you from getting them.

And if I know Morey like I think I do I think the Knicks only wanted Capela and he held out which is fine but I really hope it wasn't just him being cocky trying to call the Knicks bluff like many on the board were. Because there was no incentive for the Knicks to just take on Ryan Anderson and no matter what we were always going to have to give up more... that contract would have handcuffed them for three more seasons in which they are trying to get younger and rebuild so to try and treat them like fools and say you are only getting Anderson is borderline disrespectful.

And also I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason Melo opened up his trade options is because he was tired of hearing that Morey wasn't going to up his offer to get the deal done and no matter how frustrated he was at the Knicks he had to be frustrated that we didn't show urgency when it came to trading for him when he gave us almost three months to get it done.

da_juice likes this.
  8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

That would be the most insanely stupid deal ever. You would accept that? Sheesh I couldn't do it.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Haha, I should chop some corn rows and a melo headband on him too.

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  10. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Anyone who thinks missing out on a top 10-15 talent is a fool.
    Melo will make OKC life a breeze. Carmelo is a damn sniper, just watch the Olympic teams, Melo complimrnts other superatars beautifully.

Morey dumbarse had and entire summer to get Melo but passed. What an idiot. Okc gave up nothing for this man.

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

Nope

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

then you should be saying we are better of with Ego and Cap

not sure what keeping Ariza and Tucker has to do with missing out on Melo

13. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

They are more important against the Warriors. Tucker at PF and Ariza at SF is what we are going to be seeing lots more of. That is a significant difference in defensive effectiveness compared to Carmelo Anthony at SF/PF.

14. don grahamleone

I would hope that Morey is smart enough to leak his side to the players who are allowed to talk to each other even if they're under contract. Chris Paul walks into the office and says, "what's up with the Melo deal?" Morey spells it out. Paul murmurs what he hears out to Melo.

We'll know the truth of this whole story soon enough.

15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Oh I'm sure he was... im sure Melo knew at all times from both talking with CP3 and Harden and the Knicks what was being offered and by who but I just think after almost three months of him holding out and giving the Rockets an exclusive chance to trade for him he may have gotten tired of constantly hearing the Rockets won't increase their offer when he looks at himself as an elite player and wants to get the drama over with.

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. theimpossibles1

Top 30 maybe. And you think a perrineal loser who demands the ball and is weak on defense will make okc life "a breeze." Did you forget about GS, Hou, SAS etc?

Also another piece of positivity: all this Ryno hate could have him hitting the gym and working on those ToyCen 3s to prove everyone wrong.

17. don grahamleone

Hopefully the gym is painted red.

18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I kinda feel bad for Ryno I mean sure he's making millions to play basketball so boohoo but he came into last year getting this contract and being told how he is the stretch 4 Morey has always wanted and then after a year he is being talked about as a negative asset and completely alienated from the rest of the team in the offseason.

19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Im getting all you can eat sushi tonight.

Thats a HUGE positive. @Derp McFlopsky needs to come thru and follow suit.

20. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

And CP3 is chopped liver?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.