1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Porzingis skipping exit meeting with the Knicks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Vivi, May 21, 2017.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I wasn't able to find a thread about this so i just made one since it seems like Phil just had a meeting with Kristaps brother and looks like it didn't go that well...

Pretty sure the guy wants Melo (and probably Rose) out of the team, and rightfully so imo...i will laugh forever if the Knicks are going to lose this kid because of Melo.

On a side note, i would love to have him here, don't really see how it could happen but still...i just love this kid, even though i'm a bit scared about injuries going forward but eh...

PyroTex likes this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

they fired his favourite coach who used to follow him in Latvia too.

Porzingis wants Melo to stay btw, not to leave. Phil wants Melo to leave and that's why there's conflict.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Do you really think so? I've a hard time to believe this tbh :/

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Phil's days in NY are numbered. KP just needs to wait him out.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

they need to can dolan too, not just grouchy phil

Vivi likes this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

so when can we expect the announcement be made for porzingis' move to houston?

PyroTex likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Exactly. I mean, lol if we think that Jackson gone and Dolan still there (and maybe in charge) means a better future for the Knicks.

9. malakas

malakas Member

yes.
    Melo is taking away most of the critisism and pressure from Porzingis. For example there's hardly any talk on how dissapointing his sophomore year was or how bad rebounder he is. In NY. Normally there would already be people throwing tomatoes at him already.

But when it comes to that most of all Porz doesnt' like the way Melo is being treated by Phil.
    Then there are other serious reasons like the triangle. But Melo is one of the reasons.

Vivi likes this.
  10. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

What Porzingis did was insubordinate and unprofessional. Unless it was voluntary or excused, he needed to attend as it was a work function. I mean imagine if any of us just skipped an important business meeting by just not showing up and not even asking to be excused.

The Knicks need to suspend him without pay for a game or two and let him know his behaviour will not be tolerated. Then Porzingis needs to be made to apologize for his behavior.

11. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

I want to give K Porzingas a chance to exel in RedNation. Come on Morey get er done!!

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Mmh, good point actually, i believe you're right on the bold part considering we're talking about NY.

malakas likes this.
  13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That doesn't apply when every other team would gladly line up to sign him. Punishing a player only works when you have leverage. Sure they can suspend him, fine him, whatever, but that essentially writes his ticket out of town, which NY wants to avoid.

14. BackdoorHarden

I'm pretty sure he was joking. And they should not only make him apologize, but make him go to the D league

15. Fantasma Negro

What the **** is going on?

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Fantasma Negro

Stephen A. just said the Knicks are in the process of negotiating a buy out with Carmelo smh lol

amaru likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Phil should keep his mouth shut. The second tweet above broadcasts to everyone how clueless he is.

20. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

I'm not that high on kp. His defense is pretty bad and offensively he isn't as amazing as people seem to think.

As such a young player I don't think it's appropriate for him to be skipping exit interviews no matter the frustration.

I think Gomez is the more talented player that the Knicks should focus on.

Jennings was the heart of the team last year but he's gone.