1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Police Shooting In Fort Worth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobrek, Oct 13, 2019.

1. amaru

amaru Member

He should be convicted of manslaughter but you never know in this country. My gut feeling is that he will serve more time than Guyger but I've been disappointed before.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Was there some news about this officer being a white supramacist that I missed?

The rate at which their doors are reported open is also much higher.

joshuaao likes this.
  3. JuanValdez

Surprised to see you say that. I think this incident looks more like murder than even the Guyger encounter. You never know how it'll shake out in court, but at the moment it really looks like they'll get a conviction on something. Being disowned by the PD so quickly for not following procedure really hurts his defense, I'd think.

4. amaru

amaru Member

Oh it's definitely murder but I highly doubt that a police officer (yes I know he resigned) will be convicted of murder.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This guy is charged with murder and the other was convicted

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You sign up to have people looking at your Facebook when you sign up for Facebook.

The idea that social media should be private is just bizarre to me. It's called SOCIAL MEDIA for a reason.

7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Again, dishonest/ignorant.

Do middle class blacks commit crime at a much higher rate than middle class whites?

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

And you have the right to scrib it

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

And most of these incidents dont involve them

You're dishonest. Im talking about criminals

On a sidenote . so tired of the sensitivity discussing black crime with educated blacks. First response is im educated im not a criminal. We aren't talking about you

10. JuanValdez

The last DFW cop to kill someone in their own home was convicted by a jury for murder even though they could have gone with manslaughter. I understand being afraid to hope that lightning will strike the same place twice, but I also don't think you should compromise on justice prematurely. Looks to me like he intentionally fired and has no mitigating circumstance that allows him to claim self-defense.

Murder convictions don't help dirty cops' dead victims.

But, you are right that being white isn't a blanket insulation. Besides these 2 black people shot in their own homes for no good reason, we've also had in Texas another case of white people being framed by a cop for dealing drugs and then killed in a no-knock drug raid. That one will probably also garner a murder conviction, but that couple is still dead. To @Ubiquitin's point, it probably would have helped that lady a lot to have a shiny white face gleaming at the cop through the window instead of a dark one. But cops are killing way too many people of all skin colors. It might not have been racial, but what Goines did was at least as ugly.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@JuanValdez

I would not disagree that Botham and this victim being black plays a factor.. Irs not an issue of corruption or procedure as much as recruitment imo

JuanValdez likes this.
  12. amaru

amaru Member

It was definitely intentional but it wouldn't be the first time a police officer intentionally killed a black person and went home. My faith in this justice system is pretty much non-existent.

Rocket River and JuanValdez like this.
  13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Agreed. But that doesn't mean people who saw it before you scribbed it aren't allowed to have an opinion on it.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

They may help prevent future murders. If cops walk around with a bit more fear of a murder case when on duty, they mike think twice before wrongfully blasting someone away. I think cops historic ability to get off scotch free in the past has encouraged the shoot first deal with it later mentality a lot.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Cometswin has a problem with Guyger's name not being released immediately. I dont have a problem with that giving a few days for a initial investigation.

He's steady b****ing about his imagined corruption. They are police officers and should be assumed innocent just like the rest of us

I guess there is an argument she should have been taken into custody but in the end it had no bearing on the case

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Last week I was reading a study that showed what really slowed down police shootings wasn't more training or even unconscious bias training, it was jurisdictions that were more aggressive in charging police. I wish I could find it.

#96 CometsWin, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    ThatBoyNick and amaru like this.
  17. JuanValdez

Absolutely. I say it only because of pgabs' implication that shooting innocent people in their homes shouldn't count when we look at police brutality because those cops were indicted. It's great they were indicted, but I want PDs to address the problems of police brutality before citizens are killed.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  18. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

www.reddit.com/r/selfawarewolves

KingCheetah and London'sBurning like this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

In our community I think that feel is very prevalent.

We have reached the point that we view cops like wild animals
    Don't make Eye contact
    Don't make any sudden movements
    most times you probably be able to survive unmolested
    but
    There is a very real change they will attach with minimal provocation.

Rocket River

amaru likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No slurs, profanity, discriminatory language — or even personal insults
    Actual policy: “Employees are prohibited from using ethnic slurs, profanity, personal insults; material that is harassing, defamatory, fraudulent, or discriminatory, or other content or communications that would not be acceptable in a City workplace under City or agency policy or practice.”

Was it violated?

This is the most glaring of the possible policy violations by officers cited in the Facebook post database. The language of the directive — which could basically encompass anything from curse words to racial epithets — covers a broad range of activity.

Another example.

The department’s social media policy, created in 2014, says officers "are free to express themselves as private citizens on social media sites" as long as it doesn't "impair working relationships of the department, impede the performance of their duties, impair discipline and harmony among co-workers, or negatively affect the public perception of the department."

CometsWin and JuanValdez like this.