1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Player to look for: Brandan Stith

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Normalus, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Normalus

Normalus Member

Remember me? I'm ''that guy'' who speaks broken english and suggested to take Robert Covington in 2013 NBA drafts. And he ended up on Vipers now. :)

That may be the coinsidence, but he was never mentioned before I did it. Whatever, this thread is not about him or me.

Sucks to be overseas with no chance to see young players in person, and look for a talent without any real chance to measure them (that must be funny, but I mean wingspan is very important thing), talk with them and see what they really have now (skill level). Not sure if I'm trying to be a scout, but I do some scounting things, searching some underrated college kids who has guns to be shot soon.

(not sure if spoiler is important to read tho)
    So, I just ran into freshman from ECU (East Carolina Pirates) Brandan Stith. I guess (according to several sites) he is about 6'7'' SF/PF with about 215lbs in package (he may grow to 6'8'' maybe, not sure). Son of Bryant Stith (13th first round pick in '92). He just celebrated 19th birthday (1994/11/17) and won't be available for 2014 draft I guess.

But that's why I made this thread, need to keep eye on him. He's pretty good ball handler, good motor, athletism, good rebounder and shotblocker for his height. Interesting shooting form, may need some work. I believe he may be a great player if talents will be used right way.

[​IMG]

Wish I've had more chance to see players and scout for real, but that probably won't happen. Some video's:

[youtube]FwauO-9t1aA[/youtube]
    [youtube]Kxi0ZOupRKg[/youtube]

Stats by far:

[​IMG]

Other player to watch for:
    Domantas Sabonis (not in college yet, but plays in Euroleague for Unicaja. Haven't signed professional contract with salary because he wishes to play in NCAA next year (high chance for Oregon Ducks). Already has amazing experience playing in Euroleague and Spain ACB league. Just 17 year old kid, 6'10''. Dominated U16 and U18 FIBA European championships in rebounds. Youngest son of HOF - Arvydas Sabonis.

NYK fan?

[​IMG]

[youtube]kfplY35NIho[/youtube]

2. Normalus

Normalus Member

Update on Brandan Stith:

Since I posted this thread his stats get higher and he plays better D (Av. 26mins, 6.8ppg, 11.3rpg, 2bpg, 1.3spg).

[​IMG]

3. Normalus

Normalus Member

Future high pick (top10?). Anyone can translate spanish?

[youtube]QrzlN1PdWBA[/youtube]

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Doesn't this belong on the Stith Forum?