1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Planned Parenthood Director caught on tape selling aborted baby parts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Jul 14, 2015.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

The most important thing I can do is try to make it illegal. Would save the most lives.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

By posting on a basketball fan message board?

London'sBurning likes this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Geezus. If the right is so concerned with abortions, maybe should research the facts as in what is the primary reason for abortion rates dropping to their lowest level since the 70's.

[​IMG]

So what in the world happened in 2008 to start this downward trend in abortions? Just can't put my finger on it. I get that Planned Parenthood performs abortions.

However, when it comes to getting to an objective of saving unborn lives, what is most likely to be successful in saving unborn fetus' AND protecting the mothers health as well in the US:

A: Installing legislation that will criminalize abortions, force women to have black market or at home abortions, and at the same time defunding Planned Parenthood which also provides birth control options.

B: Purify the morals based on religious context and revival. Installing beliefs that keep women celibate until marriage so they don't get pregnant.

C: Actually increasing coverage for women's health clinics like Planned Parenthood who can provide effective birth control to decrease unwanted pregnancies.

I commend those that care about unborn babies. Its disturbing to think about the reality of abortions if you are a parent especially. However its a real reality and while I wont speak about my person experiences because "some of you" just can't be respectful, I will say that there are many many situations on a daily basis that require decisions to be made leading up to having a baby. Those decisions are never easy, and shame on you if you think you are one to pass judgment if you've never been in a situation where life and death are issues you have to make decisions on.

My OPINION is that legislation that puts the decision outside of the decision making of the mother, father, doctor, family priest, etc. and in the hands of someone like Donald J. Trump I have a sincere problem with.

On the other issue of things like Teen pregnancy, I just don't see a way of getting people to stop screwing. I'd rather give out birth control to those in high risk situations to avoid the even worse case of having to think about an abortion. For that reason alone, I am all for actually increasing planned parenthood funding.

#1103 dobro1229, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  4. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

You literally have a conservative majority in every single legislative branch. The SCOTUS has been conservative majority for years now and they haven't overturned it. Instead of talking to your representatives you think you're doing your due diligence posting on a message board.

Overturning abortion is something conservatives always talk about but never do anything to change it. It's just to pull in the gullible Christian voters that think their team will actually do something besides talk. They won't. They haven't for decades and it'll continue to be that way for the foreseeable future. Tallanvor just following the footsteps of his political conservative brethren is all. Talk, talk, talk.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  5. tallanvor

I post on an extremely left bball forum because I like the rockets and to hear opposing views.

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Here comes the cavalry!

Of course a pro-Life position abridges a woman's right.... in the same way that lots of other positions as petty as speeding and as monumental as laws against stealing and battery limit everyone's, both men's and women's, "rights" while at the same time offering protection to the innocents around them.

The issues is, though, that it is not just an issue of women's rights .... specifically because there is another unique human life in the equation-- similar to battery or assault or rape or murder.

Isn't anything not prohibited by law a right?

7. London'sBurning

And what are you doing to stop abortions?

8. tallanvor

Express my views to my representatives by voting. Republicans should do more to keep thier promises.

9. tallanvor

Try to change public opinion. In a democracy this will save most lives.

10. London'sBurning

Yea, I thought so. You do nothing and you don't hold your representatives accountable when they let you down, decade after decade after decade. They talk a good talk, you fall for it and vote for them, and then they continue to let you down. Doesn't that get old to you? Doesn't that piss you off?

Be more politically active if this such a big deal to you. If your representatives aren't keeping their promises, be the agent of change your community needs. This goes for any significant issue your representatives should be able to help with. If you can save even one unplanned pregnancy from abortion by being active then isn't that one more live saved than your political representatives have ever done for you, again decade after decade after decade. In 6 years time we will be reaching the 50 year anniversary of Roe v. Wade and your vote has failed you every time. Maybe you're just not doing enough to fight for your cause.

FWIW I'm pro-Choice but I also know the best way to get representatives to keep their promises is by holding them accountable. You hold them accountable by making sure they're doing their job and not just when it's an election year or they got a mic in front of them. You hold them accountable by making sure they're transparent with their work and your tax dollars. A single House Rep, Senator or even the President can't overturn abortion and you don't get to vote for the SCOTUS.

That means you have to physically get up and seek out women that are likely struggling and are considering aborting an unplanned pregnancy and hopefully convince them to not go through with it. And if all you do the whole time is talk one woman out of an abortion, you will have saved more lives than your political representatives ever have on this issue. You can't do that on a message board. You can't do that with a single vote either. Be the agent of change you think your community needs.

#1110 London'sBurning, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  11. tallanvor

I vote for them to lose thier job. U want me to kill them?

12. London'sBurning

Be active and a part of your community. Most Catholic churches for example try to provide counseling and financial assistance for women that have an unplanned pregnancy. You could volunteer for a gig like that. Doesn't require a vote. Just means you gotta get off your ass and actually do something.

13. tallanvor

what makes you think I'm not charitable? how would u even know?

joining a catholic church in helping unplanned pregnancies stops abortions?

14. London'sBurning

Good job if you are. I doubt it though.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

An embryo is not a person nor is a fetus, so therefore abortion does not result in the death of a person. So if you intend to prevent a woman from having an abortion you are restricting a woman's rights.

16. dmoneybangbang

Extremely left? You sound like the guy railing about the insanely alt right on this board. I think both of yall are made for each other.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just use the built in ignore function in my brain. This allows me to laugh at their idiocy.

Sad thing about it they make up 40% of this country. They are mixed in with our co-workers, relatives...or friend's relatives, etc. They aren't evil people, but they are robotic idiots when it comes to politics.

I have come to just accept it and hope the other 60% of the country can make the right choice.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

By their standards You are a leftist pig. By the way, my post was a parody of RL

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Trump must need to divert attention... revives the discredited Planned Parenthood tape story...

Justice Dept. moving to probe Planned Parenthood over fetal tissue practices
    http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...moving-to-probe-planned-parenthood-over-fetal

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So the trump "government" is lying about Planned Parenthood again? Considering that Mr. trump makes it a daily ritual to lie about whatever tickles his fancy, trump ignoring that PP helps to reduce the number of abortions in this country by being a major provider of birth control and women's health services is no surprise at all.

Mr. trump and his sycophants are desperate to change the "conversation" away from the perversion and bigotry supported by trump and his minions, along with the obvious trump support for a Russian government literally all of our intelligence agencies, as well as those of our major allies (also seeing their democratic systems under Russian assault via Russia's intelligence services), have said attacked our democracy by attempting to influence the outcome of the 2016 election in Mr. trump's favor.

Those on the "Right" should be screaming bloody murder at what trump and his people are doing to our country. They would if they were real Republicans. They are not. They are a minority of extremists trying to impose their bizarre, twisted "philosophy" on the overwhelming majority of this country. A country that now "supports" Mr. trump and the actions of his clique by an underwhelming 32%.

#1120 Deckard, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    No Worries likes this.