1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Planned Parenthood Director caught on tape selling aborted baby parts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Jul 14, 2015.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The truth is what you need it to be.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wow, Trump and his true believers must be really reaching for cover to bring this old and untrue story back up...

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

LOCK-THEM-UP

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You bumped this thread for that? Wow, Ensign, you're really desperate, or bored as hell. Got any more fake news to toss at everyone?

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Anti-abortion activist filmmakers charged with 15 felonies
    The duo behind the Planned Parenthood "baby parts" video is indicted on 15 felony counts for privacy violations
    [​IMG]
    David Daleiden (Credit: AP/Bob Levey)
    In the spring of 2015, a controversial video surfaced of a Planned Parenthood executive describing the (very legal) routine processes that the organization goes through to donate fetal tissue and organs.

The video, which was heavily edited in favor of anti-abortion supporters, was released online as “investigative footage” by the Center for Medical Progress, with the title “Planned Parenthood Uses Partial-Birth Abortions to Sell Baby Parts.” It was then shared widely and rapidly across social media channels, launching the anti-abortion activism career of CMP founder David Daleiden.

This week, that career may have come to a startling halt.

On Tuesday, California prosecutors indicted Daleiden and Sandra Merritt, his co-conspirator, on 15 felony counts of violating the privacy of health-care providers by recording confidential information without their consent.

(more at the link)

Uh, oh...

No Worries likes this.
  6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

undercover videos of animal slaughterhouses: win awards

undercover videos of human slaughterhouses: go to prison

cml750 likes this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

So clever... until one realizes there is no outrage about unborn animals... (and don't get me started about all the unborn humans you don't care about via IVF, etc. A foetus only seems like a burning holy issue when it's just some knocked up poor person with few alternatives.)

R0ckets03, FranchiseBlade and Rashmon like this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not to mention they didn't uncover and evidence so they had to make it up...but that didn't stop people like COMMIEdore from believing it.

9. Commodore

monsters

http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...-progress-exposes-gruesome-abortion-practices

Judge trying to get the video scrubbed from the internet (lol good luck with that). A real champion for the Constitution that guy is.

10. NewRoxFan

Still foisting video from the same organization indicted by Harris County for falsifying documents, tampering with government records, and purchasing human parts (creepy); and felony charges by the state of California for multiple counts of invasion of privacy. Pardon me if I pass on what fake accusations they make now...

11. Commodore

the quotes are what they are, can't hide them behind process crime charges

the journalists who made the videos knew every prosecutor in Planned Parenthood's pocket would come after them

abortion is the sacrament of the left, and Cecile Richards is the Pope

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And with all due respect, you are a fool for not giving a damn about a woman's health, poor or not, a woman's right to privacy, a woman's right to make her own decisions about her body and not have self-righteous fools like you, presumably a man, tell them what they can and cannot do. Men making decisions for women, because the "men" think they know what's best for the opposite sex. It's bigotry, pure and simple. You are a bigot, sir. Bigoted against women. You think you are the "Pope." Ms. Richards is fighting for women's rights. You are "fighting" for bigotry. You are a sheep in a fool's clothing. Following the right wing herd in their quest for telling everyone else what they can and cannot do.

arno_ed and R0ckets03 like this.
  13. Commodore

our rights (men or women's) end at physical harm to another innocent person

cml750 likes this.
  14. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

Pro-life people don't care about controlling women. We are concerned with preventing harm to another. Look at it based on the assumption that the fetus is a living human being, and then see if you view the pro-life view as bigotry, a privacy issue, control of a woman's body, etc. I understand the pro-choice position, because if a fetus were no different than a benign tumor, I would have no problem with abortion. To me, 99.9999% of the abortion issue is decided by when someone becomes a human being (there are those few crazies that think abortion is killing a human being and still support unlimited abortion).

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I can tell majoirty of the prolife movement doesn't literally believe that embryos are humans because if I knew that thousands of humans were being slaughtered on a daily basis, I would murder some people. Their premise doesn't rationally follow their lack of outrage and violence. This is nothing more than a wedge issue to divide people up.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Somehow, all the angst about the abortion issue from the Right conveniently dismisses the rights of women to make their own decisions about their body and their personal health. It is bigotry against women, who are put on a lower level than the men who are trying to control their lives because they "know better." It is a divisive issue because there is no compromise with the typical "pro-life" (an insulting term, because it assumes that those who support a woman's right to choose don't care about life - pure bull ****) people. No compromise at all.

I consider myself a feminist and I am an ardent supporter of women's rights, as is my partner and our 2 grown children. My own views have evolved over time, partly because of some intelligent members, like MadMax, that one could have a reasonable conversation with when discussing issues. I used to be against any limits on what a woman could do if she found herself pregnant. Today, thanks to those reasonable people? I'm against the right to have an abortion in the 3rd trimester, except when continuing the pregnancy could endanger the life of the woman involved.

17. StupidMoniker

Supporting Member

The Pro-life view doesn't dismiss the rights of women to make their own decisions about their body and personal health. That is utter nonsense. We don't say a woman can't get a piercing, get a tattoo, see whatever doctor she wants, take any form of birth control available, get her tubes tied, or anything else that would be an issue solely relating to her body and her health. The issue is there is another person involved in an abortion (from the pro-life perspective) and that person is being killed, usually for the convenience of the mother.

Think of gun rights. People who are in favor of gun rights don't want restrictions on gun ownership by law abiding citizens, target shooting, self-defense, etc. The line is drawn is where the gun is turned on another human being. No one is in favor of legalizing murder. I (and I assume many other pro-life people) view abortion the same way. Women can do whatever they want with their body, just don't kill or harm other people in the process.

As for the term pro-life, it is just the commonly agreed upon term for the position of those who are against legalized abortion. The opposition name of pro-choice is likewise insulting by proclaiming their opponents to be against choice and free will. Think of it instead as a convenient shorthand. Anti- and pro-abortion are problematic terms, because the pro-choice people tend to say they are not pro-abortion (at least publicly).
    Well, at least you are slowly moving in the right direction. One trimester down, two to go. ;)

Deckard likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

You have made incorrect statements regarding the terms "person" and "convenience" used.

19. StupidMoniker

Supporting Member

No. I have not. From the pro-life perspective, the fetus is a person. I made quite clear in the post above that I was referring to the pro-life perspective. Convenience was used to represent that in the vast majority of abortions, the procedure is not being done to save the life of the mother, but rather because she doesn't want to have a baby, she has concerns about affording a child, etc. It is more convenient for her life to not have the baby than to have it. This perfectly fits the definition of convenience: the quality of being useful, easy, or suitable for someone. It is differentiated from a necessity.

20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

this is such a stupid position and avoids the actual discussion. Whether a person is pro-life or pro-choice, everyone agrees that a woman should have the right to do what they want with their body as long as it doesn't take another humans beings life. The debate is whether the abortion is taking another life. It has nothing to do with women's rights as everyone agrees on the right's of women.

I know discussing whether a baby is being murdered makes the left extremely uncomfortable, but that is the only topic of disagreement so try to stay on point.