1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PHI vs AUS Brawl

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 2, 2018.

1. rhinomft

rhinomft Member

If this doesn't happen the first time we play the Warriors this season I will be disappoint (Capella flying kicks please)

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I would file charges on those guys who were sneaking up and clubbing people from behind. That's just weak sauce and dangerous.

This is always the danger when you play a team that has no business being on the floor with you.

3. Bids9

Bids9 Member

Those pricks deserve time behind bars, absolutely disgusting

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  4. rocks123

rocks123 Member

Didnt even watch this game because i know it's going to be a bloodbath. But before the game there's already some Offcourt drama. There's those gilas stickers allegedly ripped by the australian delegates. The GM coach and even team owner tweeted about it and they were in a "fighting" mood. I dont know if its their way to motivate players but it sure add to the brewing tension prior to the game.
    Luckily no one was seriously hurt.

5. zenmar

zenmar Member

The australian team is already starting to ignite the fire even during warm up which made the whole thing messier when the brawl started.
    (Although im not defending the philippine teams action of pummeling a guy who was down and defenseless)

6. malakas

malakas Member

Ridiculous. Embarassing that you even bring this up.
    Stuff like this happens often in fiba games. What doesn't happen is then people throwing chairs.

If the australians were the ones to ignite the philippinos then why after all the fights, the philippinos even took a selfie? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Doesn't look like they were just some people who lost their cool and then regretted anything.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Urbanization of FIBA

apollo33, esketit and heypartner like this.
  8. zenmar

zenmar Member

Well the way they acted when the brawl started didnt look like they've just lose their cool in that one incident alone. It looks it was pent up and they were just waiting to burst it out and the video gave me a clue why.

And btw i never supported the beat down and the chair throwing that happened in the brawl.

9. malakas

malakas Member

I don't agree.
    They took selfies after the brawl. I don't know how anyone who had just some pent up angrer and had a blow out would then go and smile and take photos like he's proud of it?
    Not to mention that there are many players along with most of the nation that are not only not repenting but proud of it.

There is some seriously wrong with the philippino federation. Brawls happen. I have never seen another federation and NT be proud of it.
    Australians and Philippinos don't even hate each other to say there was some deep rooted centuries old national conflict like Serbians and Croatians.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  10. Asian Sensation

Damn that blonde Aussie gets a chair thrown at him with his back turned and then as soon as he turns his back again he gets KTFO with a cheap shot. Brutal.

11. SemisolidSnake

I just thought this was hilarious to watch. Like the world's worst wrestling match.

The announcer is putting this thin veneer on about how shameful it all is, but I suspect he's actually smiling and thinks the only shameful thing is how weak a fight it is. Can't hide that Aussie blood.

Weak flying kicks and weak flying punches abound. A chair is softly lobbed at a guy that isn't looking, doing no damage. This the WWE D-League action we've always wanted.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

The coach was the instigator

13. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Australian commentators:

“He should be kicked out for throwing such a soft punch”

Baller

B-Bob likes this.
  14. zenmar

zenmar Member

Which is why i was curious myself on why they acted that way and proposed the video that i showed as the reason why they acted the way they did. Some of the guys who acted like crazy in that brawl has no history of wilding out in their pro career. They are also playing australia and losing to them doesn't have thesame stigma as losing to other traditional rival in the region.

15. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Here's a breakdown of it from the Philippine point of view..

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

malakas likes this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

Extremely light punishment for the Phi team. With such heinous behaviour and then efforts of justification of it, I expected at least a tournament ban.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

This just shows how corrupt FIBA are. Maybe Cuban was right about them.

19. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Lol he said fined, not kicked out. Thats how rumors get started.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I wonder if you have to do suspension immediately without spreading them out. If so, it might act as a tournament ban for PHI, because they can't field a team. (only 12-players on team with 10 suspensions). If you can field replacement players, they might still lose and not advance.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/basketball/44883052

"Ten Philippine players have been banned for 35 games between them, while three Australians will miss a sum of nine. The suspensions will be served in the next window of the FIBA World Cup Asian qualifiers."

Philippines:
    • Japeth Aguilar and Matthew Wright (one game each)
    • Terence Romeo, Jayson Castro William, Andray Blatche and Jeth Rosario (three games each)
    • Roger Pogoy, Carl Cruz and Jio Jalalon (five games each)
    • Calvin Abueva (six games)
    • Assistant Coach Joseph Uichico (three games)
    • Head Coach Vincent 'Chot' Reyes (one game)

Australia:
    • Chris Goulding (one game)
    • Thon Maker (three games)
    • Daniel Kickert (five games)