1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Penn State coach, AD, VP charged in child rape case

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Former defensive coordinator, while a former coach (retired in 99), ss not the Penn State coach.

But, it is disgusting that Joe Pa found out in 2002 and only called PSU officials and not the police.

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Well, if Paterno didn't have proof then he did the right thing. He notified his supervisor (the AD). If Paterno had witnessed the abuse and didn't go to the police then I'd agree it would be disgusting.

The only thing disgusting other than the coach molesting boys is the AD and the guy in the admin who oversees the police covered it up.

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

And the eye witness going straight to Paterno? No one tracking down the boy? Pederasty isn't something you go to HR about.

1 person likes this.
  5. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Those details are downright disgusting. Something tells me Paterno knew enough to notify the police, but chose not too.

6. g1184

g1184 Member

Joe Pa knew, the graduate assistant knew, the athletic director knew, the VP knew, the university president knew, one of the moms knew, two detectives knew, a HS wrestling coach knew, and the janitors knew ... how this guy was running free for so long is beyond me.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Paterno's lawyer son explained that the police would have done nothing if Paterno called and said "a guy I know told me he saw....", because it was hearsay.

I find that hard to believe. I think for a possible major crime, the police would be willing to listen or, at the very least, encourage Paterno to have the other guy call them directly.

8. TISNF

TISNF Member

It's even more disturbing that recent reports state the graduate assistant who reported the incident to his father, Paterno, and the school administrators is the current recruiting coordinator for the Lions.

And with Sandusky having access to the program and facilities, there's no doubt that the former grad assistant-turned-recruiting coordinator encountered Sandusky again (whether during football season, camps, or in the shower).

How in the world could he live with himself knowing that guy was walking free? He must have, sadly, valued his career more than his moral obligations.

What a disgusting mess.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Agree with you. If nothing else will push Joe Pa to retire after the season, this will (if he lasts that long).

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

So, before this mess, Joe Paterno WAS Happy Valley. He WAS Penn State football. He was bigger than the team itself. But, when all of this came to light to him, he chose to become just another guy within the organization, and he "reported it to his direct superior"? The more details that emerge from this, the more disgusting it gets. What an absolutely horrific way for Joe Paterno to end his tenure.....everything he worked so hard for is crumbling before him.

11. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

Jesus Christ

I ain't even mad at the grad asst cause seeing that ish probably pushed a reset mode in his skull and he had to call his pops to know wtf was going on.

everyone else should be in prison.

12. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Worst case scenario, JoePa may have been involved with some of the little boys... Endgame.

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

14. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

15. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Wow glad I'm not a Penn State fan they should clear house from JoePa and everybody down....

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

This program is going to take a big hit football-wise with recruiting. Something like this isn't just going to blow over. I expect them to be in the same situation Miami is in with all of this ****.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

after the beating thread, i'm honestly surprised there's no one here defending paterno. good. that guy and the assistant coach should both be gone. you don't see something like this and not go directly to the cops. and if you go to your superiors and you see they don't do anything, you definitely need to go to the authorities. no telling how many kids sandusky raped after that one incident.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The AD's were about as much Paterno's "superiors" as Doug Collins was to Michael Jordan when he was playing for the Wizards.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Gawd, after such a (add several superlatives here) career, that Joe Paterno will probably head out to pasture on something like this. It's just unbelievable.

But allowing Sandusky to continue having access to the entire campus. And not following through with this whole thing. And not finding the kid(s) in question and getting them help.

As a Big 10 alumnus, I have to say: Damn, JoePa, what the hell?

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

What's there to defend? The more I read about this, the more I'm seriously embarrassed to have been born in that state. The entire football organization should be fired for cause and be given no severance. SANDUSKY WAS IN THE BUILDING LAST WEEK WORKING OUT! He was bringing children to practice as late as 2007.

This is the Catholic Church all over again. Pedophilia, cover ups, and a stupid old man acting like he did enough. They (PSU) cannot let Paterno ride off into the sun. He, and his staff, need to be fired. Immediately.