1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pen15clubber appreciation thread

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Snow Villiers, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Why are people here defending guys who flooded the entire board with their off-topic sh** and tagging each other etc?
    And he even had accounts like jc that would purposefully only spout offensive and idiotic nonsense that was toxic to the board.

The glorification and like-parties these guys are receiving here for their nonsense is the major reason they even exist.

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

agreed. preach on, brotha.

Nigel Thornberry likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Well he had multiple accounts apparently and obviously he had a warning about something from Clutch that he continued to do.

Perhaps one of his other accounts went too far (again) and then Clutch went to ban him and discovered all of the other accounts and banned all of them.

Clutch has been known to let people come back. No idea what the actual offense was though. Clutch is pretty liberal with his administration of the board though. He really stays away from coming down on guys too much, so for him to finally drop a hammer means he got pushed too far.

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

He once requested pictures of my penis, which I found odd on a sports forum. I declined his request.

Jontro likes this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

@Clutch,

What happened to @Tha_Dude?

Was he an alter ego of one of these guys as well?

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Guy did a thread saying he'd leave the board, months ago.

don grahamleone and Jontro like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That's how he led his CF life, came out of nowhere, took a name similar to others, made noise and vanished from this earthly board.

9. omgTHEpotential

That's tough, he seemed like a decent poster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

As always, thank you @Clutch for doing what needed to be done for the benefit of the WHOLE community!

FYI, the only reason to have multiple accounts on this board or any other board is to try to alleviate hidden insecurities! The constant need to be liked and agreed with is an unquenchable demon that many have to fight with.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

A few days ago, I got a message that my report on a post had been dealt with and that the poster had been banned. I don't even remember what I reported on and whose post it was.

justtxyank likes this.
  12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

He alluded he was going to prison some time before he decided to call it quits.

BigMaloe, Daddy Long Legs and DudeWah like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

i am dd's alternate account

15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Takin shots for pen15 tonight. His alternate accounts mightve gotten him banned but pen15 was fam lol

DudeWah and Jontro like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You got upgraded to EE, HH, JJ.

Jontro likes this.
  17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

that's huge

Jontro and daywalker02 like this.
  18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

What did Pen do?

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

i assume clutch warned him to lay off the alternate accounts but breh kept on truckin

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So what was the point? There have been people here over the years who's entire purpose was to "run" an alter ego pushing a meme that didn't jive with what was later exposed to supposedly be the "real" member. I can think of one in particular I won't name. He changed his moniker (don't know whether Clutch was involved - can't recall - just pretend that I'm testifying in front of a congressional committee), and ever since he's been a different persona, and long enough that it's probably the actual person. The fellow did a mea culpa, saying it was, in effect, a social experiment. He confessed to what he had done, and it was for quite a long stretch of time, apologized, took the deserved ribbing in stride, and is still a member.

I won't name who it is, some of you know, but a key difference between that guy and Pen15clubber is that the former had a single account, one version under one moniker with a conservative bent, and after, a different moniker with a progressive bent, which is what he remains to this day. That's what I recall, at any rate. Pen had several accounts busy "discussing" topics and what not between each other and everyone else. My understanding is that they "liked" each other's posts. Was that it? Was it a circle jerk bumping up the "like" numbers of Pen? How ridiculous would that be? Putting that possibility aside, does everyone consider the time spent interacting with the different personas to be time wasted? In other words, if you invested a lot of your time here posting back and forth with members that turned out to all be the same person, does it tick you off? It bugs me a bit.

If members are allowed to post under numerous monikers at the same time, not because they asked Clutch for a moniker change, but because they are attempting to deceive the rest of us, this place will devolve into chaos. So it's a big deal, understandably, and Clutch put the hammer down. I don't feel sorry for Pen15clubber. Not one bit. If Clutch decides to let the guy back at some point, we all deserve a huge apology, and the fellow deserves a lot less attention, in my humble opinion.