1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patriots’ Caserio likely headed to Texans next season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ItsMyFault, Oct 20, 2019.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Speaking of........

2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I don't have an opinion on Caserio, but it seems like bad news that this news is so telegraphed/obvious/public. Letting all the competition know about their planned moves so far into the future, is just more potential for chaos when the time comes. What's to stop NE from another tampering accusation, since there's still potential to extend Caserio?

3. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

How would he be a "reject" considering Patriots filed tampering charges to try to keep him

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Who says this coming from the Texans? Someone is just speculating.......because his contract is up and he is not signing an extension.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Reid is dealing with a Shoulder injury. Also, the reason you don't hear his name is people throw away from him and he plays the deep safety not the box safety.

1st round NFL pick success rateL 53%. Just because someone is taking in the 1st, means he is a star. OL is the safest 1st round pick (around 83%).

You really need to get over those 1st round picks being traded. Tunsil and Still were worth it. Add that to Howard and Scharping.....Texans in good shape because of that trade.

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

First, the success rate dips proportionately as the rounds go down. Your best chance at an impact starter is in the first round, period.

I can be ok with not having the picks if Tunsil does in fact become a top 5 tackle in the league and we resign him, while also understanding that the next two drafts it will be difficult to get impact starters immediately. There’s a chance but less likely.

Next, don’t tell me how to feel on not having those draft picks. I’m a grown ass man and entitled to my opinion just as much as your entitled to your wrong opinions.

The Texans offense is in better shape, the Texans overall are not. Top 4 most important positions are QB, LT, Pass rusher and corner.
    Corner we are flat out bad, pass rush is limited and JJ is aging

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Your opinions are ASS. Carry on.

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, says the dude that calls everyone dumb and defends one of the worst coaches in the league. At some point when you’re arguing with everyone, that probably means you’re wrong. Or in your words, your thoughts and opinions are ASS

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

@Mr.Scarface sorry man, you just don’t know football. You definitely don’t know baseball. All in all, your sports knowledge is just not very strong. Keep learning though little buddy

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. You are worrying about 2 1st round pick that are gone. Not coming back. My sports knowledge dwarfs your little mind.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Oh, like you guys were just PRAISING Andy Reid like he was god....until poor ole' Bill outreached him in KC?

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, that response is the equivalent of No U, I’d say I should expect better but who are we kidding, with your terrible sports knowledge and takes that’s to be expected.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

First I didn’t say anything about Reid, second one game doesn’t make your idol BoB better than Reid. He’s barely a .500 coach that has one playoff win against a QB that I don’t even think is in the league anymore. Terrible time management, a God complex and your undying adoration.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Revisionist history. LOVE IT. I don't hate or love BOB. I just waiting to see what happens. No irrational hate.

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Do you think before you type? Do you understand the words that you type?
    So incoherent.

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Fire crennel and bring Stephen belichick with you Nick.

raining threes likes this.
  17. raining threes

Not since Smith left.

Starters 2018 with no 1st/2nd rd picks.

Reid/Akins/Coutee

2019 Starters as ROOKIES

Howard, Scharping,LoJo, Omenihu in the 5th.

Go back and look at the 2016 1st rd picks the year Tunsil was drafted if you need comforting about losing first rd picks.

18. raining threes

First rd talent for a 3rd rder. This guy is a man cover guy that got hurt his rookie yr then Gruden came in and is cleaning house.

Since no talented players can be found after the first rd according to you, you shouldn't have any issues with this trade, plus Conley is still under contract for three more years.

Got all of their picks plus 4-1 minus a 1st which is Tunsil.

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  19. raining threes

Posters have been programmed to believe it's impossible to find players outside of rd one by Smith.

20. raining threes

Agreed about it being harder.

I expect Coutee to step up since WFV is hurt again. Akins reminds me of a Andrews type TE. Has he dropped a ball this year?

Reid hasn't played as well this year because of his shoulder. Still he made a big stop to help win the Jags game. He's a 1st rd talent.