1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Mahomes, the savior.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lol, nice pic. I may have Allen and Thomas mixed up.

2. texans1095

texans1095 Member

I think he played all over the line for Bama but I'm thinking he'll be more of a DE in the NFL. He checked into the Combine right around 286 lbs. and Garrett checked in right around 275 lbs.

3. Fantasma Negro

Stop it, its not going to happen Patrick, we aren't drafting you.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He obviously meant the 'Boys/s

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

True but Garrett is more of an edge rusher ala Clowney. Allen does the bulk of his work inside. I want Allen next to Clowney.

6. texans1095

texans1095 Member

I just don't think it would be wise to pass up a generational talent like Garrett for Allen. Nothing against Allen at all. I think he's a very good DE who has a bright future in the NFL. But prospects like Garrett come around very rarely. Not that I think the Texans would ever find a way to trade up to #1, nor do I think they should, but just for the sake of fantasy I would definitely prefer Garrett.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

@zeeshan2

Pay attention. Remember when Will Fuller posted a photo of him in a Texans uniform, weeks before the draft? The Texans are letting the players know that they are looking to draft them. Some just don't know how to keep it to themselves.

RasaqBoi and houstonstime like this.
  8. texans1095

texans1095 Member

I would love to know what kind of question Pat was answering when he said he'd love to play for a Texas pro team. If it was a question something like "Pat, growing up in Texas, playing college ball in Texas, what would you think about the opportunity to play professionally in Texas?" then this doesn't mean a ton to me. But if the question was more along the lines of "Pat, is there anywhere in particular that you would prefer to play?" then this means a whole lot more. I kind of doubt it was the second scenario, although I hope it was.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It was the former.

he's excited to be drafted by anyone. I do think he legitimately likes BOB and the Texans, but he's about as solid a professional interviewee as you'll find - says all the right stuff, nothing crazy.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is one reason why I think he will be good for ratings. Everyone comes from his interviews saying pretty much the same thing.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

I thought you all were talking about Patrick Mahomes and not Brock Osweiller

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

@coachbadlee, no offense but you should have your moniker to "gmbadlee" and apply for the Browns position when it becomes vacant again. It sounds like you'd do well with their philosophy of being hell-bent on getting as many picks as possible.

Where has it got them?

Also, the NFL, unlike the NBA is not a league that is based on potential. You just don't trade away your two stars, much less for picks in a weak draft.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah I wanted to do "gmbadlee" but I had already committed to coach.
    The Browns are notorious for terrible drafting. If it were up to me they would be champions by now.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We're trading 3 picks Mahomes

15. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Braddock was saying on 790 this morning that if Mahomes or Watson is there at 16 we might trade up with Baltimore.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

17. liveguy

liveguy Member

He better learn to slide, 'cause them hits he brushed off in college will get him MURKED in the league.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Great article from Mahomes:

[​IMG]

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/patrick-mahomes-ii-texas-tech-nfl-draft-cover-letter/

texans1095 likes this.
  19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Listening to Lance Z on 790 an hour ago. He said one team told him that Watson and Mahomes are like Junior High School students when it comes to understanding the plays etc.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

So probably like elementary students in Billy's "complex, very complicated, hard to pick up" offense. ;):rolleyes:

RasaqBoi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.