1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Pat Bev is dead to me

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tehG l i d e, Jan 16, 2018.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly....

napalm06 likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

uh, I did . . . :D

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is like Saying

Toughness is dead to me.

4. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

He's talking about Chris Paul. Take out "soft ****" from "no more soft **** here" and you have "no more here," meaning something that is no longer in LA. It's Paul's first year here. Beverly doesn't owe him anything.

D-rock and Handles like this.
  5. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Never liked him anyway. He's a fake tough guy. Glad he's gone.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Pb's mouth was shut during the rivers/Griffin talking at the end. You can see it in the video. He's just standing there. Along with DJ

cbs1507 and fattz like this.
  7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think he was just referring to have himself bringing toughness to la, but whatever

onreego likes this.
  8. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was gonna say “fk pat bev” last night after seeing him talk trash along side that little biatch Rivers but I thought I’d get flamed here ! Oh well he’s dead to me to :)

RasaqBoi likes this.
  9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Can't really blame him for **** talking though, I mean he is a fearless NBA pitbull, he isn't just going to stay "loyal to Houston" when guys are charging into his locker room. Not in his DNA.

With that said, Beverley's whole "revenge" angle against Houston makes no sense to me. He wanted to get out to expand his game, when we were maybe one of the only 5 or so teams that would start him at Point Guard. I may be wrong and haven't looked carefully, but the PG position is stacked and he falls on the lower end in terms of offensive skill. Not sure why he is envisioning himself as some high-volume offensive guy.

I do get the irritation at consistently trying to replace him though, but he needs to have some perspective and realize we pulled him out of Russia and he became a household name (and well compensated) because of it. Maybe another team would have taken a chance on him, but I don't find it that likely. Also let him start over Lin despite having a humongous Asian market.

HakeemOnlyFan and D-rock like this.
  10. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Twitter tough guy...:rolleyes:

Tfor3 likes this.
  11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Pat's trying to get another contract.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Weak. Hate him. His contract is about up, I hope the Clippers just CUT HIS ASS. No need to keep him around, they have Milos and Doc just wants to play his SON anyways.
    and after they CUT his b**** ASS... I hope we sign him.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Beverley not even playing though. Man wait till playoffs this regular season stuff is meaningless.

14. photojoe

photojoe Member

I loved Bev's time with the Rockets. I loved his passion on the court and his energy and his hustle. '

He wasn't the best player by any means. He was never a great offensive player and his defense was probably overrated due to his activity and energy. But he played with passion.

We absolutely made the right move trading for CP3- a legit superstar. I have no regrets about that. And I would fully expect Bev to have the same kind of fire and passion for the team that he is on now. I am thankful for the years of watching him in Houston and wouldn't expect him to be different for the team that he is on now.

Ozzy, D-rock and Jayzers_100 like this.
  15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

We have the softest, mentally weak, salty, diva fan base there is.

What do you expect him to say or do? I played for the Rockets once, so I’m going to be nice and shake hands? **** no. Take no mercy. I would actually lose respect for him as an nba player if he held the throttle just because he played for us. You as grown ass adults have your mom wipe your ass for you when you say **** like that.

Now Austin rivers on the other hand. I will never respect him as an nba player or person.

16. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Is this thread a joke?
    You can't change a junkyard DAWG like bev! I loved him here and I still love him in LA and its tragic that his revenge season was robbed by injury.

Ozzy likes this.
  17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Love Bev!.. what we in the black delegation call a " real N-a".. Lol

RocketsTerps likes this.
  18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He is talking about MDA. Doc preaches defense like if they were down by 50 but were up 12 points. In the other hand, MDA is down 12 points and tells the teams it's ok guys while he sketches another offensive play. ****ing dumbass

19. 1Deep

1Deep Member

What? This dude battled through playing overseas getting hit in the head with coins while on the court. I'm sorry but teams didn't use to try us like they do now with Pat being gone.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i'll have his back as long as he don't have a go at a current rocket and he did. he called a current rocket soft and i'm not about that. so that said, pbev can fack off now. he dead to me.

tehG l i d e likes this.