1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Pallilo back soon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CometsWin, May 10, 2017.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

2. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

umm ... hell yeah!

hope it's drive time

persian hoopa likes this.
  3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Would be so awesome.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I hope it's at a rival of 790 and totally ***** on 790 forcing them to shut down

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Best Houston sports guy, hands down.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Wait, so Hoffman is talking about terrestrial radio? The first sentence of the tweet seems to suggest FM. Don't we have an FM sports talk station?

Yes, it would be sweet if it went up against Jon Ennis on 790. I miss Charlie the most during baseball season. Especially with the 'Stros kicking so much ass.

the shark likes this.
  7. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I'm going to guess espn 97.5

Fullcourt, LFE171 and jae713 like this.
  8. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Great news! Since I moved away from Houston, Charlie was the one I would always go to in order to get my H-Town sports fix. Since he has been gone, I've pretty much found every other sports station/announcers intolerable for the most part. There are a few that manage to talk sports for a while, but none get it done like Charlie.

persian hoopa likes this.
  9. jae713

jae713 Member

I hope he replaces The Blits. Those guys suck.

joeson332 and Kruze10 like this.
  10. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

Best news I have heard in a long time. I hate Josh Innes. Great sports talk will be back again

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Yes! Best news all day!

12. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Yeah, ESPN 97.5. I can't see Charlie going to that station though. Their primetime show, The Blitz, always talks mad sh*t about Pallilo and how all he talks about is sports and if you want to hear the same thing over and over again to listen to that show.

They used to be my favorite sports talk show on the radio. I can't listen to it anymore though. The hosts are constantly complaining about their callers. Fred Faour, the co-host, is especially terrible. He'll get pissed when callers call in with questions that they've already answered, I mean, yeah it's annoying but why not vet the callers beforehand. Or quit being a baby and answer the question.

They try really hard to be smart-assess too. Even when they're clearly wrong about something, they won't acknowledge it or own up to it. When a caller called them out once, they told him to bring proof, they said to go back to the podcast and find it. I don't know if they were wrong or not, but telling a listener to try to dig out proof from their podcast, which is a nondescript listing of all the episodes, is a douchey move.

MoonBus and LAM like this.
  13. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

The real question is; will CP be humbled by getting 'hit canned or will he spew out the same day-by-day-by-rote material..?

ubigred and K mf G like this.
  14. Roscoe Arbuckle

The problem I have with Charlie is that he goes out of his way to talk trash about Houston teams claiming he "keeps it real." Last guy that did that was Eddie Sefko and he was run out of town. I think he now writes about golf in Dallas.

I guarantee Charlie will find a way to nit pick every little thing wrong with this Astros team. I honestly don't know why people revere him so much. He's a Yankee, For F*** Sake.

K mf G likes this.
  15. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I disagree on the Astros; he would likely go after Hench for going with certain closers and certain times for sure but I don't think he's got an agenda against the team. I thought the same thing when I first really gave him a listen around the time of the Francis era Rox and would get mad but over time I could see that he just calls it like it is.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Sounds like you went from liking those guys to hating those guys the more you listened to them... which means it would make perfect sense for the station to make a change.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Couldn't be further from the truth.

When Houston sports is going well... he's at his best. Was next to him during the 2015 playoff games... he was pounding the table emphatically after Correa's 2nd HR (not necessarily "cheering"... but in awe of what we were all witnessing). Then gave a look of bewilderment and shock after the 8th inning error... also by Correa.

I like it also that when Houston sports is going bad... he doesn't just aimlessly rip into them... but explains exactly what is wrong, and where improvements need to be made.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No he doesn't.

I really wish my fellow Houston sports fans weren't so delicate. Not everyone has to be a cheerleader.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I appreciate Charlie's breadth of sports knowledge, but I never found him to be an engaging listen as a solo act. Rich and Charlie were a good tandem, I thought.

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

They don't but it is better for me if they have Houston ties and aren't northeastern smug. I can see why Fatty thinks Charlie talked trash because Pallilo's criticism seems to go further than someone like Adam Wexler who you know is 100% home team but telling truths.

K mf G likes this.