1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Outrage at Mavs NBA 101 for Ladies

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ferrari77, Sep 2, 2016.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

From Y'ALLS homeboy Mr. Dwyer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/twitte...icks-new-hoops-class-for-women-214258330.html

I'm pissed that I'm defending something the Mavs do, on here but seriously wtf is wrong with people? Why do people nowadays feel the need to take issue with every single thing each day? Every day there's something to be offended by it seems.

The Mavs have been holding the event every year for 15 or so years. But this being 2016, the year of outrage at every single thing, every single day, why not take issue with it this year right?

So, the idea of an NBA 101 class just for women is offensive. The use of pink font is offensive. The use of the words "Hey Girl, hey" is offensive. (Which I believe was probably a take on the Ryan Gosling meme liked and used by ladies on social media- https://www.google.com/search?q=ryan+gosling+hey+girl&biw=1252&bih=554&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjsqc3z0PHOAhXLth4KHXVCCZQQ_AUIBigB

What isn't offensive???

2. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

some people just like to complain and everyone has a voice now so people are gonna post about it or they're just trolling for the likes and follows

3. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Didn't the Astros catch heat a few years ago over something similar?

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Well... at least they didn't post "we men", aka Rose PR 101 :)

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

On a side note, how long until women are in the nba (well I think that could actually happen one day if she was really good)... and men can play in WNBA?? I'm offended I can't join the WNBA (not serious).

Anyone remember that movie where the guy gets kicked out of nba and dresses up to play in WNBA, I'm sure if that movie came out today... Lol it'd be a PR nightmare for the league. I never saw it but someone showed me the trailer, I'm sure in this day and age it would seriously offend someone.

Anyway I'm not sure what the deal is, I'm sure the Mavs players have men camps too

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

What's funny is how the people complaining about this event don't even realize they are the ones being closed minded.

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Girls night out events are sexist. Must tweet.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Listen to the Haymitch. He is wise.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I AM SO OFFENDED!!!

10. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

They're tweets not amendments. Who cares?

11. awc713

awc713 Member

I don't understand the backlash. Far more men watch (and religiously follow) the NBA than women. That's just a fact. People can get their undies in a bunch, but the Mavs are probably correct in thinking a market exists for wives who want to spend more time with their MFFL (gross) husbands, and learning about basketball is a great avenue to do just that. Perhaps the Mavs shouldn't have labeled it "for women", but that just seems overly nit-picky. Cue the Peter Griffin "Who the hell cares" meme/video.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

There was nothing wrong in my opinion. but to resolve, they could offer an advanced basketology class 301 and maybe let them bring their kids who can watch and interact at the 101, so they aren't offending a particular group. The real issue will be what to do with the transgenders.

13. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I knew Cuban was a secret Muslim

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

How do you get paid to write this garbage? Just wondering.

15. jacoby

jacoby Member

Mark Cuban is a badass lmao

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Dwyer is a femanist. Just look at his post history here.

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I really don't get it. My ex went to something very similar that the Rockets did back in 2008(?). All the participants enjoyed it and no one was offended.

Give me a break

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

It's America, baby - where we have the need to get outraged and pissed off about any little thing that rubs us evenly remotely wrong....

19. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

The fact that my first instinct is that my feeling should be hurt hurts my feelings.

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The ironic part of it all, is all women are getting CATERED to on BOTH sides of the issue.

Women are getting special attention for the event (hokey and tactless as the event is). And women have the population supporting any of their "progressive" stances and protests in a way that actually seems as "ass-kissy" if not MORE than the actual event is doing, so supporters can earn their justice badges. Which just emboldens everyone to keep ranting on about anything.

95% of those people will never leave their Twitter space and "safe space" to actually get out in the REAL world trenches and support struggling people. Doesnt mean people cant express opinions, its saying their opinions are just opinions since its not sourced in much

1 person likes this.