1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our Great allies the despotic Saudis kill a Washington Post Journalist.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Oct 12, 2018.

1. adoo

adoo Member

According to two sources, CNN is reporting that.

the Saudis are preparing a report that will acknowledge that Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi's death was the result of an interrogation that went wrong, one that was intended to lead to his abduction from Turkey.

One source says the report will likely conclude that the operation was carried out without clearance and transparency and that those involved will be held responsible. One of the sources acknowledged that the report is still being prepared and cautioned that things could change.
    another words, the Saudi king lied to Trump, who was stupid enough to take his words at face value

the Saudi king claiming that he has no knowledge of this incident is analogous to
    Trump claiming that he had no knowledge about the meeting Fredo's meeting w Putin's underlings at the Trump Tower

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yup....this outrage will fade quickly I think. There are much worse things going on currently than this that get practically zero attention. If we did basically nothing after 9/11 then we sure as hell won't do anything for a Saudi that was killed in Turkey. I am curious if it was a different faction of the royal family since there are about a billion different members of it. I honestly have a pretty terrible understanding of how the Saudi monarchy works. Maybe I'll try to find something not completely biased to try to learn about it.

Yung-T, B-Bob and Nook like this.
  3. Exiled

Exiled Member

like you ,I'm in Saudi Arabia right now, you either man up and express your opinion clearly or simply shut up , you've nothing to loose

Senator likes this.
  4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm not in Saudi Arabia (thankfully), and there's nothing worth expressing that is more informative than not saying anything at all.

5. Exiled

Exiled Member

If you're home in Egypt,it's not much different. I think the two private jet that took off to Cairo and Dubai , one carried the Egyptian squad while the other carried the Blackwater staff whom are employed by Bin Zaid, based only on my Agatha Christie's like observation

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Are you drunk? Why on earth would I be in Egypt?? lol

It really drives conspiracy theorists like you insane when you can't stereotype people huh.

7. adoo

adoo Member

no argument from me

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

you misunderstood me, I'm not pushing your self-esteem down any further, I'm reaching out to you so we could rebuild our countries, to reach freedom... buddy

9. Senator

Senator Member

War and fossil fuels pay for a huge chunk of the country to have the lifestyles they do. Only way to distance the US from Saudi is to campaign for and enact a mass transition energy wise that provides immediate jobs and changes the education system for decades to come. No one has the balls to do it because of a rocky transition period.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That sounds so Mobster
    Tony the Torturer will take one for the Family

Rocket River

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Watching the House of Saud work out their cover story - in real time and in public view - a week later would be funny if it werent' so disturbing.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This represents what Saudi Arabia is now. It's controlled by a novice paranoid fanatic who's in over his head. Remember the recent hypersensitive reaction to Canada. Way off the chain. If you think that's bad, what about the plan to dig a canal and turn Qatar from a peninsula into an island? This is the lunatic Trump visited first last year and bet the farm on.

Tick tock on MBS. He doesn't even trust his own Royal Guard. Foreign mercenaries provide his personal security.

Liberals, clerics, those wanting democracy, etc all hate him. Who has his back? Can a ruler transform a basket case of an economy when he doesn't have a domestic core group of supporters among the population?

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He is also mistaken about how much we need their oil

16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I'm all for pushing to see what really happened, and for various of the other repurcussions, but I think we need to look carefully at the arms deal.
    1. Having them get the arms from us might actually provide future leverage against them (parts, etc....Iran's planes they purchased from us decades ago became worthless, as we stopped providing them with parts)
    2. They'll get the arms anyway, so is blocking the deal accomplishing anything?
    3. That's a LOT of business. leading to a LOT of jobs.

This being said, blocking can be termporary, and send a good message. If, after considered all the various factors, it does still seem to be a good idea, then I'm for it. Just saying they should think it through.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And even fox news fact checks trump's lies now...

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

SamFisher likes this.
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

And none of that is current.

Who gives a crap anyway. Trump has been straightforward about whatever happened not breaking up business dealings with US.

He hasn't spun any bullshit about them being an ally

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This may all blow over, but Saudi has been finally truly been exposed for what they have been for decades. Businesses, media are pulling out left and right, which is funny and delightful to see. The crown prince doesn't understand the backlash.. this is how out of touch with reality he is.

Lindsey Graham (lolz) went in on Saudi on Fox. He also said it would be terrible if DNA tests proved that he was Iranian (more LOLs), but that's another topic.

#60 sammy, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018