1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OTMax makes racist posts

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Daddy Long Legs, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think you should be going after anyone right now for criticizing your actions given that you are pretty lucky that the mods didn't just instantly ban you for what you did. Be thankful for your good fortune and let this issue die.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, the MODs know when someone has crossed the line.
    Their job is hard especially with this many users. Cut them some slack.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm sure you believe it is a very real apology. And that is always a common claim in racial situations. So don't say I'm derailing this thread.

Your apology is about creating GARM thread with ego-centric motivations. That's a good start. But my take is you aren't fully apologizing for what you said in the thread to the mods.

You calling out the mods to question their response to OTMax takes this discussion on a common course of the accusers directing their complaints at the wrong ppl. I consider calling out the mods like you did to also be a serious consequence of racism debates. We often lash out at others without full knowledge of what they did or didn't do in response. While that is a popular course of debates, imso Clutch doesn't deserve it.

It is on topic. Quit making this all about what you want and how you want to control the conversation, by trying to claim my feedback is a vendetta against you ... that's such a childish response.

lulz,,,,this is classic narcissism.

dude, I'd be laughing at your attempt to break the record of Deleted threads in one year, if I didn't care about the ppl who have to clean up your constant messes around here.

I think you are at 5 deleted threads in just this summer alone, lulz. Haul Ass to 500!! amirite!

4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I agree. Thats why I owed them an apology. They do a fantastic job around here and have real lives. Being in charge aint easy.

Its the nature of the beast for people to always hold authority figures overly accountable. You see it in sports when it comes to people always holding coach and gm super accountable (sometimes excessively)

You are right.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You mean no "visible" responses.

I think one answer could be if ppl who get Neg repped (or thread Deleted) come into the Feedback and state their offense, like a Police Blotter. Maybe a reduced "sentence" if they give full apology to Clutch. That way we can all actually read the Mods actions in blotter format, and not constantly assume they don't do anything. Would that help you understand that a lot goes on behind the scenes with the Neg Rep, Admin Comments and Infraction-Tracker system.

Maybe, only then can we fully appreciate what hassles Clutch goes through around here to baby us.

And even then, we can't expect him to be giving out tickets in every situation ... that would make him Meter Maid, Judge and Jury ... very exhausting. CERTAINLY NOT DURING THE SUMMER ... he has kids, for x-sakes.

Bottomline: Clutch enjoys coming here to have fun and talk about the Rockets. As he gets older and his kids grow up, he has less and less time around here. Complaining about racist remarks and saying "and no action is taken" is a very selfish thing to say. I'm sorry; it is selfish and ego-centric of us, like we need Clutch to blame. It's like the only thing that will satisfy some of us around here is if Clutch hires someone to do that Meter Maid role, but only if it's an electable position via some Poll here where we get to vote on the person...like Sherif. amirite​

KingCheetah likes this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not my sentiments at all and my intentions are far from being selfish, please don't overreact.

I fully know that he doesn't have enough time to mod this board, but in that instance I feel like three staff members are not enough for a board of this size. Or staff members should have more rights (seeing how 2k said he sometimes feels like temp bans would have been a good idea in some situations).

Neg repping or whatever is happening seems too lax when you see what is going on in the GARM and D&D often, many posters have been posting offensive crap for years, especially in the D&D you will see some throwing out insults/offensive content 24/7 and not even trying to debate.

Another example:
    There was a thread in the Dish months ago that was a terribly written Kyrie news by a new member and ended with an ad for an illegal website where people can buy NBA 2k coins.
    I reported this and saw the thread still being up weeks later. I don't want to blame the staff and know they got little time, but I feel like things like these should be handled better on a board of this size and quality.

#26 Yung-T, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    DudeWah likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

o_O

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Hit the report button and move on. Not our job to decide what's allowed on this site. Also what infractions etc are handed out is something that goes on behind the scenes...just because we aren't aware of it doesn't mean nothing is taking place.

Lastly please stop with the copycat threads, I'm sure the mods are getting tired at this point. They've been more lenient but just as a warning people have gotten the boot for much smalle transgressions.

Easy likes this.
  9. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Hmm, I do really like bananas tho...

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

@Mathrocker I'm not even sure what to think of you anymore. You've definitely made good input to the forum, but you constantly try and patrol the board and plead for certain people to be banned. It's just really annoying and weird. You're turning into Deckard and that's not a good thing (doubt I needed to clarify that). He's one of the most sensitive on here not to mention he's a freaking replicant. Like chicken brothers said if you really feel that strongly about it just report and move on...but seriously all this BAN HAMMER stuff needs to stop. Just relax man and go get some sashimi and sake.

[​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

This dude is also spamming thread making. He has like around 6ish in the first two pages of garm

White supremacist

13. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

yall care about the internet too much

Pen15clubber likes this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe. But some of us care not about the internet but about the quality of Clutchfans. There's a difference.

Yung-T, CometsWin and justtxyank like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let's all be Friends, lol.

16. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Who decides what is quality and what is not?
    I have been lurking for almost 12 years here. I can't recall anything that made me recoil in disgust from reading it. Cringe worthy, sure, Paultsk threads, "Fathers hid Yo Daughters" come to mind.

I do recall the moniker OTMax, but I personally can't recall anything posted by him/her or otherwise any poster that was "racist", although I may have missed the thread or a particular response that could be in question. If there is a thread that is racist I will be right here saying that racist propaganda has no place here. I just worry that if it goes too far in what we find in "uncomfortable speech" we will miss out on what made this forum great years ago.

People trying to get "Ride Rides" or "Dick washing in a sink" or El Hitman's "I run a strip club" stories removed.

I do welcome the links to threads showing the subject matter that is questionable. It wouldn't be like my opinion matters any more than others, just wanna see what all the rigmarole was about.

Gonzalez just hit a homerun to tie the game in the WS. Have a blessed night all.

Rashmon likes this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I was responding to your general statement that people in this thread are taking the internet too seriously, as if any complaint about poster behavior is guilty of that.

I don't go into Hangout, D&D, and the long Lin thread, so I don't really know what the OP is complaining. All I know is that the complaint is not about some opinion on basketball. It's about racism. To answer your question, the community decides what is quality. And of course, ultimately Clutch does. This forum exists for that purpose.

18. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Who's Sherif? I don't want no Mooslim deciding what is and isn't acceptable in these parts. ;)

Pen15clubber likes this.