1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One Guaranteed win: Ravens or Colts or Patriots

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Nov 7, 2019.

?

If you could have one guaranteed win, which one?

1. at Baltimore

5 vote(s)
    8.1%
  2. vs Colts

35 vote(s)
    56.5%
  3. vs Patriots

22 vote(s)
    35.5%
  1. Texanstradamus

We got to win 2 out of the next 3 with colts being one of them

DaDakota, Houstunna, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Rather it be Ravens and Colts.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

3-0 Brian!!
    Division champs Brian!!!!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. showa13

showa13 Member

If you had to choose a game for sure to win, the Colts game is the most important. You split the series and take away the head to head in that situation.

But I don’t doubt we could win all 3, hell I could see the Texans winning out. This bye week came at a very good time to get folks healthy and ready for the stretch. And as much criticism as BOB deserves he’s been pretty good after the bye, an extra week to prepare for Lamar Jackson and that offense will help.

The Texans are very much in play for Homefield still(I think the Pats could lose to us and KC still)

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Pats because, for moral victory reasons it would be a huge monkey off our backs to see Bill O'Brien not have drool come out of his mouth anytime he saw Belichek on the other end of the field. Right now the Pats have a psychological advantage over this team where we won't be able to beat them in Houston, in Foxboro, in the regular season, in the playoffs, with or without green eggs and ham, etc. I don't think most people on this board would settle with the Texans winning their division year after year only to get bounced before reaching the AFC championship game every time.

This poll doesn't say you have to lose the other two games. You would still have a fighting chance @BAL and vs IND. You take the guarantee in the game you are most likely to lose. And honestly, because of the whole moral victory and playoff ceiling thing, even if we had to go 1-2 in the next three games, give me the Pats one just so I feel like they could pull it off if they had to.

6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

If Brissett is healthy its not crazy to think the Texans might lose all 3. This is going to be a big test for the defense minus Watt vs Baltimore and if the Texans lose all 3 they would need to win out to make sure they don't miss the playoffs.

I say they could lose all 3 because the last 3 games vs Colts it seems like the Colts have figured them out and they haven't found a way to counter whatever it is the colts are doing.

Pats I would think they lose because its in prime time and we have never beat them at all except for that last game of the season when Belichik pulled everyone after Wes Welker tore his acl.

Ravens will be tough and I don't think the Texans have ever won in Baltimore.

The Colts game is the one they need because with the Colts losing the last 2 weeks you don't want them to have the head to head tiebreaker against you if it came to that for the division or playoff seed.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

"One win is NOT the bar"

I'd rank them Ravens, Colts, Patriots though.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Before the Colts lost to the Dolphins I would absolutely say the Colts.

Now I'm thinking Ravens simply because this game is almost a sure-fire ticket out of a 1st round bye if we lose it.

red5rocket likes this.
  9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Like I've been saying, tonight's game is monumental. Can't put the cart before the horse thinking about first round byes when they haven't clinched the division or a playoff berth. First things first. They need this win tonight.

I cringed when I saw Justin Reid go down on Sunday. I was okay with losing the game but hated it possibly reduced their chances of winning tonight.

10. Texanstradamus

My 2 out 3 still is possible if we can some how beat the pats

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2 out of 3 ain’t bad :)

12. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I wanted all three. Would’ve legitimately put us in the “best team” conversation with a chance at Home Field.

Don’t tell me not to be greedy lol

Houstunna likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

2 out of 3 is great.

DD

desihooper and conquistador#11 like this.
  14. Nimo

Nimo Member

Feels good!

Stupid titans keep winning. I would feel much better if they weren't just a game back and are on the Texans' schedule twice. Crazy to think that if they both win their next games; the Texans will be playing the Titans for the division lead in a couple weeks.

15. msn

msn Member

Can't believe they won two of these games. Encouraging.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. SuraGotMadHops

17. conquistador#11

lost count on how many times I viewed the highlights but I suppose it's close to the times I watched Jose's game 6 HR.
    I thought they would get the Ravens and Colts but not the Patriots.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

BUT, BUT...It cost the Texans a bunch of draft capital (3 picks total in 2 drafts) and they will pay for it in 2024! (Not really).