1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

On Sports 610....Do we "NEED" to hear from Cal McNair??

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, Jun 2, 2020.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

?

2. ballgame

ballgame Member

Today, I am very proud to call myself a HOUSTON TEXAN'S FAN! Although I would LOVE a Super Bowl Victory, it's way more than just about the Football Field.

UTSA2step likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. conquistador#11

Gutsy. We live in a society where admitting we've made mistakes is a sign of weakness by some.

5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

The only thing we need to hear from Cal
    Is “O’Brien your fired!”

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

7. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

UTSA2step likes this.
  8. Newlin

Newlin Member

OK. So Cal made a statement, and he said all the right things. He was reading from a prepared statement, but everything he said was on point.

He was being very careful to say the right things, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Many times when owners or coaches start talking about controversial issues, they end up putting their foot in their mouth and making things worse.

So, now both Cal and O’Brien have made statements and they both said the right things. Considering past gaffes by the Texans, I consider this a win for everyone involved.

UTSA2step likes this.
  9. Nimo

Nimo Member

In situations like this, O'Brien usually says the right things. He is smart in that regard. Like I've always said, i dont think he is bad as a head coach, as a leader of men. He just needs to get a REAL offensive coordinator and a REAL GM.

Nook and UTSA2step like this.
  10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He's had almost 7 years.

arkoe likes this.
  11. conquistador#11

He sounded like he was being held hostage. Definitely doesn't have his dad's flare. You got to get in there with the ox.

desihooper likes this.
  12. ballgame

ballgame Member

Before this event, I had absolutely NO and I mean NO trust in the Texan's Organization! And I promised myself that I would not step foot in NRG; their conservativeness since the franchises inception and previous statements by figureheads in the organization, ran me off. But since the statements from B O'B and Cal, I am totally willing to reset my view of the Texan's Organization. I believe the Texans are changing!

13. ballgame

ballgame Member

Dad had too much flare and that's what got him in trouble

Htown Legend likes this.
  14. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

To me it seems that he’s a shy, private man who doesn’t like to be in the spotlight and is aware that speaking freely would likely land him in trouble.

I really liked what O’Brien said. He was on point and captured the appropriate sentiment.

I wanted more from McNair. He’s someone that can impact change on a much greater level than by simply bringing in motivational speakers and listening.

I wanted a plan.

I want a plan that will invest in black communities while controlling costs for its residents and businesses so they can actually afford to remain

I want a plan to reinvest in HISD so that inner city children are afforded the same access to education

Or a plan to invest in funding an African American Sensitivity and Training program for police officers

Time for change from the top. Not words. Action. If you have big money - you are even more responsible to impact change.

Blatz and conquistador#11 like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Just to prove this point.... consider that Warren Moon WAS NOT DRAFTED.... he had size, an absolute cannon for an arm, ran a 4.5 in the forty, benched 350 lbs and was bright... yet not a single team drafted him or offered him a contract. He had to go to Canada to play professionally.

He was PAC-8 POY, was the Rose Bowl MVP... yet didn’t get drafted.

The NFL has always had racial and socioeconomic problems and now is no different.

joshuaao, Dgn1, Blatz and 2 others like this.
  16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

For me, they need to win big in the playoffs my friend. I think we've seen the best of King Billy Bob and need a new vision on the field. Only Cal can make that change. So we'll see.

17. csj

csj Member

?

18. csj

csj Member

So you can be bought with a meaningless gesture?

19. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Random question but does anyone know the name of the color on the bookshelf behind Cal? Maybe some here has recently remodeled or works for Sherwin Williams and has come across that color.

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Looks like a shade of steel blue which is also one of the official team colors.

Blatz likes this.