1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Omnibus] Cops behaving badly

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Sep 4, 2017.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Cuckstrodome wants jackbooted government thugs to invade his backyard and start shooting - because: reasons, media not reporting when they don't, something something.

total cuck move brah.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Totally dude.

3. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

It always seems to me that the people cops are shooting are both in the act of or have recently committed a crime and are also somehow resisting arrest.

I like your style. This board needs more of your perspective and less of that @SamFisher

Astrodome likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Aww we have a Judge Dredd advocate.

It would be pretty cost effective if we make individuals with at most associate degrees in a joke Criminal Justice programs be our enforcement, judge, jury and executioner.

Low training costs and streamline all those proffesional into one.

Great idea.

5. NewYorker

Way to twist my point around. I'm just saying that if someone is involved in criminal activity and running, and when you corner them they don't submit but instead approach at night - you can't blame the cops for shooting them. There's a reason why you are suppose to put your hands up or lie on the ground when the police don't know if you are armed or not and are chasing or pursuing you.

It's a life or death situation from their perspective. They don't know if you are armed.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There is no nuance in your argument. Explain why 6 shots through the back is justified.

I was less twitchy on patrols in Marjah, Afghanistan in the middle of Taliban territory during the surge.

A large share of law enforcement training allows officers to be lazy and percieve the slightest of threats as a justification for "TIME TO SHOOT AN ENTIRE MAG CENTER OF MASS!"

You combine that with the massive obesity problem with American law enforcement, you have thousands of officers who are severely unfit to physically overpower or chase down suspects.

And on top of that, understanding the culture of the military and law enforcement which shares many parallels, there is a large contingent of law enforcement who also ARE EXITED and DESIRE engaging in firefights a **** ton of law enforcement would absolutely love to discharge their weapons and become heroes.

At the end of the day, roofers are statatisically more at risk of dying on the job than American law enforcement. Yet Hollywood tropes have made law enforcement for many an infallible entity where the profession is absurdly romanticized .

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

NewCucker-

nobody's listening.

8. NewYorker

I wish you could open up your mind, Sammy boy. Just last night protestors attacked a police car and when the car tried to escape a protestor was grazed. We all know what the liberal media will say - let the propaganda flow.

9. edwardc

edwardc Member

10. Nook

Nook Member

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

I Agree totally but as we have seen some many times before he will get off without as much as a note sent home to his mom.

12. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Why are you replying to "NewYorker" as though it is a real person posting a real opinion? He has already long since admitted that this is a troll account.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why are you responding to something over a month old. He knows dude.

14. bongman

bongman Member

Is it news worthy to note that a janitor cleaned the restroom well? Its his F'ng job!!!

Kinda like to serve and protect?

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Let me rephrase my comment. The times where officers "should" use lethal force and choose not to aren't media worthy.

16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

LOL. I went back to the thread start and didn't check the date/time stamps. Oops.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I’ve seen news stories in the past where an officer chooses not to use lethal force in a “should” situation, diffused that situation peaceably and been reprimanded.

But, I am assuming you mean that in the course of daily activity, there are plenty of times when lethal force would be acceptable and the officer handled things without killing anyone. Yes, those instances are rarely reported.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

19. Buck Turgidson

That's so ridiculous.

20. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Given all the crazy news from 2017 to now... why not? Of course this is a thing that happed. The Onion is real news now.