1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Cory Booker is Running for President Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. Even Anderson Cooper and Chris Hayes are making fun of Cory Booker. I have elsewhere offered my opinion that Booker is a weenie

more at https://www.nationalreview.com/news/cory-booker-dodges-questions-about-kavanaugh-document-release/

#1 Os Trigonum, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  2. WNBA

WNBA Member

what's the big fuss here or elsewhere, compared to what's happening in WH ? Even that '4 am' thing might be a bigger stunt than Booker's

3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Cory Booker 2020. This appears to be grandstanding and distasteful, but I love this guy's record and intellect

4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Wall Street Journal editiorial

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cory-booker-and-democratic-norms-1536276103?mod=hp_opin_pos1

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]Booker is trying too hard. The amount of articles written and video produced to expose the level of nuanced theater Booker went through to look presidential is hilarious. Put that energy toward Trump's corruption going on in the background that has been ignored because of the big headlined f-ck ups.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

pretty damn funny

Fantasma Negro and B-Bob like this.
  8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The Senator’s political stunt to release documents backfires.

If Booker was grand standing, John Cornyn must have been grand standing as well, right?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

this morning's roundup of all the Cory Spartacus Booker news that fits to print

https://www.nationalreview.com/g-file/cory-booker-spartacus-antics-kavanaugh-hearings/

excerpt
    more at the link

10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

https://freebeacon.com/politics/booker-accuses-reporter-violating-constitution-asking-question/

Booker Accuses Reporter of Violating Constitution by Asking Him a Question

[​IMG]

Cory Booker / Twitter
    BY: Alex Griswold Follow @HashtagGriswold
    September 6, 2018 6:06 pm

Sen. Cory Booker accused a reporter of violating the U.S. Constitution after he asked the New Jersey Democrat a question in the halls of Congress on Thursday.

During the Senate Judiciary Committee's hearing on the Supreme Court nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh, Booker threatened to release confidential documents relating to Kavanaugh's service as a lawyer in the George W. Bush administration.

"I understand the penalty comes with potential ousting from the Senate," Booker said before releasing Kavanaugh's old emails, adding, "This is about the closest I'll probably ever have in my life to an ‘I am Spartacus' moment."

After the display, however, the Washington Post reported that the "confidential" emails were already cleared for public release before Booker's dare, citing both Democratic and Republican aides on the judiciary committee.

"We cleared the documents last night shortly after Senator Booker's staff asked us to," confirmed Bill Burck, Bush's presidential records representative. "We were surprised to learn about Senator Booker's histrionics this morning because we had already told him he could use the documents publicly. In fact, we have said yes to every request made by the Senate Democrats to make documents public."

When Wall Street Journal reporter Byron Tau asked Booker whether his actions during the morning session were a stunt, the senator accused him of violating the U.S. Constitution.

Democrats knew full well that the documents that Booker and Hirono released this morning were no longer confidential, according to D+R lawmakers and aides.

I asked @CoryBooker if his remarks in committee were a stunt. He told me I violating the constitution by being in his way.

— Byron Tau (@ByronTau) September 6, 2018

It is not entirely clear what Booker was referring to, but the Speech or Debate Clause of the Constitution does state that members of Congress cannot be arrested on their way to session and "in going to and from [session] … shall not be questioned in any other Place." The prohibition against "questioning" lawmakers on their way to session, however, has generally been interpreted to apply to law enforcement, not reporters.​

11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

do memes count?

[​IMG]

IMG_8492.jpg

IMG_8494.jpg

Kavanaugh-documents.jpeg

Harris-grandstanding.jpeg

Attached Files:

cml750, BruceAndre and durvasa like this.
  12. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Yea, no he’s not. And if he is, don’t care. That’s 2 years away is almost infinite time in tweet times. But seriously, distraction. Ain’t at all important considering the raging heat and fire that is ongoing.

Ps personally, was never a fan of that style.

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

There are many people that will vote for him solely based on his appearance so I think he has a decent shot at the presidency.

deadlybulb likes this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Booker is fun to meme but this is really Hangout worthy. What is there to discuss? A candidate for the distant 2020 elections is trying to get attention in 2018.

Not accusing OP of this, as he's genuinely and rightfully amused, but in general, the right wing over and over tries to find a liberal -- read completely out of power and barely currently relevant -- target to mock. Instead of something like FOX giving a genuine slate of reporting and analysis on the dumpster fire we all must endure on Pennsylvania Ave, it's like, "OMG he said Spartacus! LULZ." Hence, given relative import: Hangout worthy, if it wasn't a politician.

15. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

1- Distraction
    2- Target to keep the hate flowing

I think neural science said a negative emotion last only 90s, so if you don’t feed it, it goes poof.

B-Bob likes this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

OP and Cory Booker have much in common, attention seekers.

Rashmon likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[IDIOTS]

Rashmon likes this.
  18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Even more sad with the fact that America thriving under president Trump.

BruceAndre likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

https://www.nj.com/politics/index.s...wa_a_must_for_2020_presidential_hopefuls.html

20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

lol @B-Bob , you're talking about the same august forum that currently has threads about teenagers wiping their noses on a flag and making faces at the President. I'm pretty sure a U.S. Senator making an ass out of himself (in more ways than one) is worth talking about. :p

deadlybulb likes this.