1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo has already exceeded Paul George's level

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 30, 2017.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Thats a ridiculous statement. Oladipo and Sabonis are in a completely different situation, they are now focal points on a terrible team with no championship aspirations.

2. Rockets4Life13

Yea because thunder had any championship aspirations. Pacers are more of a threat in the playoffs than thunder last year. The only aspiration the thunder had last year, was securing the MVP with the most obvious stat padding to make him happy and sign the contract extension.

hakeem94 and ghettocheeze like this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whatever you say.

I'll take Russell Westbrook as a 6th man against the Warriors, next to CP3 and Harden for 48 minutes, thank you.

o_O

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Rockets4Life13

Oh yea because one of the most delusional people on planet earth will
    A: take the 6th man role
    B: not chuck 20 shots as soon as he enters the floor

Just face it, westbrook will never win anything other than stat awards.

I prefer winning basketball games over individual performances. It’s okay with me if you don’t.

This season in OKC is the perfect example to prove my point. He continues to chuck stupid ass shots late in games. He has that completely r****ded „every shot i don’t take is a missed shot“ mentality that causes teams to lose games that matter. „The ball is my only friend................... and of course my teammates“ - Westbrook

5. hlcc

hlcc Member

The Pacers future suddenly looking alot brighter now.
    Oladipo is only 25 and under contract for 4 years.
    Myles Turner and Sabonis are only 21.

6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

The ‘terrible’ 16-11 Pacers are better than the 12-13 Thunder despite their “championship aspirations.”

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

This my friends is called Hyperbole.

For me personally, I would take Russell Westbrook over Eric Gordon If all I wanted was a championship. By no means is he a perfect player, but he is still a truly great one. Not as great as James Harden, Kawhi Leonard or Lebron James, but still, a great player. I remember wishing last year in the SAS series that we had Westbrook instead of Harden, especially when Harden died in the second half of game 5. We could have used some of that reckless abandon that he is famous for.

All in all, it would take Black Jesus to make Carmelo look like a net positive basketball player at this point, so I really can't blame Russ for all their struggles, as much as angry Rocket fans want to. For me the problems are more in this order:

1. Carmelo Anthony is a terrible fit with the starters. If you put Ryan Anderson in that spot they would be significantly better.
    2. God awful bench. Truly, truly terrible when Fatty Felton is your best bench player.

4. Westbrook & George.

If you convince Carmelo to be a 6th man, and start Abrines instead, I personally think they are CLEARLY the 4th best team out West, but that's just me.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

The magic traded this guy for ibaka?!

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Where are the people talking about how Indy took on Victor's "bad contract" now?

Wait 'til Ryan Anderson drop 47, haters.

Patience likes this.
  10. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Westbrook was HORRIBLE in the 4th quarter in R1 thanks to that "reckless abandon"
    14/49 FG. 28%
    4/21 3pt. 19%
    19/27 FT. 70%
    net rating: -23

We would have never had a game 6 collapse tho, because with westbrook we lose in 5

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

OKC winning percentage last year: .573
    Indiana winning percentage this year: .593
    Which was the terrible team without championships aspirations? You can say Both (which I agree with, which makes the MVP of Westbrook even more ridicolous).

Are you seriously trying to say the way Westbrook played lat year did not have a negative effect on his teammates?

12. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Not sure if I can agree or disagree with that, I recall reading a few articles about PG13 not being a very capable game winning shooter a few years back. PG isn't going to stay in OKC, not unless Melo decides to come off the bench or revamps his contribution to be more effective towards the team winning. PG's probably going to LA -> Clippers or Lakers so he can get more media attention. Who knows, he can definitely be the franchise player over there starting next year.

13. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Why was he terrible?

Could it have been our defense, and the fact that we wore him down, similar to Harden in SAS?

Or i it just because Russ is a bad player?

For me, it's the former. I give us more credit then I take away from Russ. But hey, I'm a Rocket fan. He was a monster, and scary to play against in that playoff series, flawed or not.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No, Orlando essentially traded him for Terrence Ross lol (who they traded Ibaka for mid season).

And when George Bolts OKC in free agency, OKC would have delt another allstar SG In Dipo, for even less value then they got back for Harden (Adams). Not only will OKC be left with nothing, but they also traded their lottery pick in Sabonis who looks like a solid young player as well.

I just love it when a plan falls apart for our rivals.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

didnt we lose g5 exactly because harden played iso in the 4th

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Victor Oladipo should be even more likable.

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Russ is not a bad player. He is a dumb player. That is what we have been saying. And Dumb players generally do not advance far in the play offs while being the first option.

Russ had good teammates who could shoulder the load. Westbrooks fourth quarters were some of the worst basketball I have ever seen. And if he was so tired (which I expect was the case) he could also pass every now and then (it is not like Oladipo is a bad scorer as we can see now that he is actually involved in the game).

Everybody with a set of eyes could see that what Westbrook was doing was not helping them win games. I believe that if you switched the support cast that Harden would still advance further than Westbrook. Harden Would have made Adams and Oladipo monsters. Harden really makes his teammates better. Westbrook makes its teammates worse. I really do not understand how you can argue against this (other than being a troll).

18. engr chris

engr chris Member

Are we just gonna ignore how good Domantas Sabonis is this season??

12.1 PPG 8.5 RPG 54% FG 46%3FG

#nohelp

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good timing. To blow the h up.