1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo has already exceeded Paul George's level

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 30, 2017.

1. MystikArkitect

Obvious Oladipo selfishly played worse to make brave Russ look bad but the triple doubles gutted the Thunder to 47 wins. Also obvious Oladipo has mind tricked George and Anthony to play worse.

Not only does Russ have no help but even when he does get help someone is there to sabotage it.

MVP.

2. Rockets4Life13

That pretty much sums it up for me. He is a spectacular player that doesn‘t win. It’s not the first time and won’t be the last time we see a player like him. He will always be Westbrick to me.
    And to be honest, i wouldn’t trade Eric Gordon (who is considered a role player) for the „superstar“ westbrook, even with all the hate for the MVP he robbed from harden aside, i still wouldn’t do it. I like winning ‍♂️

JayGoogle likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hmm. I think that's a little much.
    Umm.

o_O

I hate last year's narratives more than anyone, but come on now, Russell Westbrook is a monster, and I would hate to be the team that has to see him in the first round.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  4. BackdoorHarden

That's how they got to the NBA Finals, by having Westbrook play SG. Harden was bringing up the ball a lot as the 6th man and played the play maker's role on OKC. After Harden left, WB had to play PG and you know how that worked out.

Great Fantasy #, but not much winning

RudyTBag likes this.
  5. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

They won plenty. They had injury riddled seasons, but definitely won plenty.

SIL

6. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

You're totally off. It's not harsh, he's right.

And we faced RWB last year's 1st round no problem.

SIL

7. Rockets4Life13

You can see it that way, you can see it the other (correct way) where basketball is not all about stats. Its about IQ and teamplay. Give me Westbrooks game and EGO IQ and I’ll do it. As long as westbrick will continue to leave his man open for 3‘s, contests less 3‘s than centers DAJ,Gobert and he continues to go 5-29 about every other game... thanks but no thanks, I’ll keep gordon who knows his spot.

8. omgTHEpotential

Honestly, you put Eric Gordon in the same position Westbrook was last year and he would average comparable numbers. Teammates are instructed to leave every rebound for you, they're instructed to shoot immediately if it's you who passes the ball to them so you could get an assist... You're averaging the highest USG% in the NBA history... That triple double season was such a sham. It only demoralized Westbrook's teammates who had to sacrifice their stats for a one-man ****-show.

9. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

One of those players was the first/second best player on a team that SHOULD have taken down arguably the greatest team ever assembled. (3-1 lead)... Apples and Oranges.

30 out of 30 NBA GMS take Westbrook on the Rockets over Eric Gordon. So I think the bias is strong with you, and not the basketball IQ so much.

10. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Yup, and that's how he needs to be played. Next to a tempo guy that knows when to give him the ball so he can just focus on being the Mike Tyson of the NBA.

#50 RudyTBag, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  11. Rockets4Life13

That i don’t buy tho - westbrook is perfect for the kind of role he played last year. Very passionate, athletic guy capable of putting up these types of numbers when given the keys to do it (big men boxing out instead of taking the rebounds) but it is just not winning basketball.

12. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Yeah, they won a ton of games.

I'm not sure though as to whether that's evidence that Westbrook's game translates to consistent winning or to Durant's greatness (that he could make it work with Westbrook).

In any case, I think it's clear that Westbrook is very tough to play with. He should not have been MVP last year.

13. BackdoorHarden

I think it speaks to Durant's greatness that he was able to win a MVP with knucklehead PGs like Westbrook and Reggie Jackson.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Russ is fine, and fine as the PG. Russ is a completely different player from that finals team.

OKC has ZERO depth, no shooting, and a lack of creativity outside of Russ.

15. omgTHEpotential

If it's not winning basketball, then it's worthless basketball. Westbrook has the talent and the tools to be great, but he's self-sabotaging with that awful basketball IQ.

16. Rockets4Life13

Lol @ best player on that team. Oh please stop the nonsense. He shot like 23 times a game in that series and was way below 40%. Don’t forget that adams just shoved his big kiwi D into all warriors in that series. He was their 2nd best player in that series. And if you actually watch the game you see how often westbrook kills the momentum of his team by taking horrible shots. KD may have choked but i think he was like „oh i just got the ball for the first time in 3 minutes, might just go ISO“ and that’s the westbrook effect. He will NEVER(mark my words) come even close to to winning a championship no matter how stacked his team is as long as he is the PG. he is to delusional to realize the moment and that you might wanna give the 7 foot scoring machine with >50% FG the ball rather than taking a dumb shot with your <40% FG.

But hey, ESPN did their job on your mind.

17. Rockets4Life13

Yup and athleticism usually takes a step back reaching 32~ years or so and you will see a very sudden decline for westbrook as a player. And totally agree with your point of winning basketball.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He does everything..when he has the ball. When he doesn't have the ball, he just stands around. He dominates the ball, and makes no effort to be a part of the offense if he isn't gonna get a stat for it.

Oladipo and Sabonis look leagues better, Harden got better, and Durant couldn't wait to leave. He's a one man black hole that never makes teammates better, her just exerts his individual talents.

When guys play with Harden, LeBron or CP3 they looks better than they are, next to Westbrook they always seem to look worse.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  19. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Yikes.

Eric Gordon over Russell Westbrook. Roger that.

20. Rockets4Life13

On the rockets? Yes. I don’t say westbrook has less talent than eric gordon. But I’ll take the guy that plays defense, can hit threes and actually moves without the ball.
    Your honestly just blind if you think we would be a better team with westbrook over gordon