1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It’s gonna be so tense to start the game. I hope Yordan goes yard and he comes up the hero

Smacktle likes this.
  2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Such an amazing day it would be great for the roof to be open. I get why they need to close it though. Noise and you don't want to change the environment they've been dominant in all season.

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

My Astro is ready!

4. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Have no fear. I will be there which means a W. Undefeated at Astros playoff games ;)

5. dannah

dannah Member

This is getting exciting !

Tomstro likes this.
  6. htownbball

htownbball Member

Why is Devo on the roster??

Tomstro likes this.
  7. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

AWESOME

(disregard if already posted)

marks0223, K mf G, Handles and 2 others like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

time seems to be going by a bit slow today :mad:

RasaqBoi and everyday eddie like this.
  9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Hope we steal some bases today. Suzuki doesn't have a good arm and putting Max under more pressure pitches helps in the long run.

mikol13 and RasaqBoi like this.
  10. astros123

astros123 Member

i think ive watched this a million times

11. SemisolidSnake

It's a beautiful day. I'm sitting outside on my porch in lovely weather...reading about crude refining. I mean, it's better than being at work holed up in my office. And it is interesting. And it's so much easier to to read this dry stuff in nice environment.

Anyone know if MMP has even had the roof open during a game this year? Most of the season it was way too hot for it. Now, it's perfect, but there are other more important considerations in play.

12. Elienator

Elienator Member

I've been trying to think of a scenario where he pitches, but I can't. Among pitchers you don't want to see right now, at least Miley is left-handed.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yup. We need to give Max a boatload of stressful ABs. Hopefully we can get some traffic on the bases early on, and make him feel some pressure.

solid likes this.
  14. solid

solid Contributing Member

In a strange way, I think this is a must win game. We are throwing the best pitcher in the world at them. He must, must get run support. To lose the first one under the circumstances would be demoralizing. I just don't think it is going to happen, but we need all hands on deck. We need to get the first two games, then we can navigate the rest of the way with two wins in our pocket.

Jake Tower and Eric Riley like this.
  15. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Scherzer is obviously legit. 3x Cy Young award winner, hasn't had an ERA above 2.96 in 5 years, led the league in strikeouts for 3 of the last 4 years... A very normal outcome is to expect no more than 1-2 runs off of him over 7 innings. This should be a really close, suspenseful game.

16. SemisolidSnake

Miley earned himself a definitive spot OFF all subsequent playoff rosters with his audition during the ALDS. The next day Urquidy went and earned his spot on the ALCS and then proved that it was a wise choice in ALCS Game 6. Abreu is just too green with not enough control for a WS. Next year with him will be fun, though. Devo has playoff experience and has had had plenty of good outings this year. He's still an unknown, kind of like James, so I doubt he will be put in any high leverage situations, but when you have to choose, there's your choice.

17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Let just win the game 1 first, believe it or not, we are going to get this one tonight.

18. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I would probably trust Devo a little more than Abreu in a tie game in the 10th or 11th due to experience alone. I would be scared at every pitch but that would be a tough spot to give to a pitcher like Abreu to see if he can get you some outs in a tight game where you are forced to use him. Is Devo still decent against lefties or naw? Maybe that is why he is on the WS roster?

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

That was amazing. Thanks for posting.

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Stros In 6. Springer Mvp again