1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] White Sox @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 20, 2019.

1. SemisolidSnake

Now I wish Verlander had gotten a complete game one-hitter just for parity.

2. HTown2017Champs

Yikes. Who would have known that this is how the series would end. I mean, Giolito kind of had me worried since he's finally been puttin it together, but man, this time he REALLY had it.

3. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

It was Aderral he took to make a long drive

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

This Whitley stuff is why I’m more in favor of trading prospects when we already have talent. Like tucker, we are stacked in outfield. Give tucker for a 1B/DH/sp. you never know, he could suddenly go full Whitley and slash .100/.200/.300 or something with more strikeouts than hits and no one will want him.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Or you could trade Alex Bregman because you already have Altuve,Springer and Correa.

I'm not saying Tucker will be anything close to Bregman, or that he will be any good at all, but it's shortsighted to say just trade prospects because they "might" not work out. Have faith in your scouts and your system. Never gonna be perfect, but if you build a good one it will work out in your favor in the long run.

biff17, Uprising and Joe Joe like this.
  6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

This Whitley stuff is the potential and perhaps the majority fate of most prospects. Few make it. Even fewer become stars. It would humorous if not so sad that some folks write these guys into our future line-ups and glare at how good they will be.

7. Buck Turgidson

At one point iirc he was the best pitching prospect in baseball. He sure looked like it last night.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Can't win them all. We need to get healthy, missing Springer. Ready for the next W.

Roc Paint likes this.
  9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Bring on the Red Sox!

10. Buck Turgidson

Yep, it's a flip flop weekend. **** all Sox.

HTown2017Champs and Roc Paint like this.