1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2019.

1. raining threes

He looked pretty good in the playoffs/SB.

2. raining threes

This is one of the issues with the Texans org.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Here are my #Texans OTA observations from yesterday:
    - I saw at least 8 different OL combos out there with players mixing and matching at different positions. I’m hoping that number will be cut down when I’m out there watching next week
    - A svelter Jordan Thomas got lots of looks

— Paul Gallant (@GallantSays) May 22, 2019

- Kahale Warring has massive shoulders, and made a really tough catch in coverage for a TD towards the end of practice. He had chances to do that in rookie minicamp, but the QBs couldn’t hit him.

- Watson seemed a little off, but at least his throws were high and usually out of play. Traditionally his interceptions are under thrown balls on the run that he doesn’t step into.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Again...McCoy is better. You don't even know if Suh was interested. You are not overpaying for Suh at this stage of his career.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Again..it is arguable. If you want to go stats, Suh had more tackles, Gerald had more 2 more sacks.
    And again...I am not clamoring for them to sign Suh. Just disputing that they can't afford him and that he wouldn't be more productive.

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

Off season and preseason observations are completely useless. I still remember the hype over Mallet, Hoyer, and Brock.

Can't fool me every year!

arkoe, solid, whag00 and 5 others like this.
  8. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Damn... I literally love Justin Reid. Played great last year and brings a lot of skills, but he really seems to be taking a leadership role with this defense. Really impressive...

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I’ll be surprised if Dorsey lets him walk out the door without a deal.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No way im paying Suh $10 million.

13. Texanstradamus

Yup they rather have a bad player with good character than a player with a mean streak

raining threes likes this.
  14. Texanstradamus

Atleast we don’t have to worry about that from the QB spot

Mr.Scarface likes this.
  15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Bullshit. We are not talking about mean streaks, we are talking about locker room problems, criminals or plain dirty players.

Again....feel free to root for the Cowboys. They sign a bunch of questionable character guys. Seems to work out well for them (NOT).

Roc Paint likes this.
  16. Nimo

Nimo Member

No way you're an NFL GM :cool:

Theking and raining threes like this.
  17. raining threes

Not a team full of these kinds of guys, but 2 or three wouldn't hurt. You know why, because the contenders are signing these guys. Look at last yr, the Pats added Gordon and the Rams added Suh/Talib/Peters. The Chiefs adding these guys has been well documented. Saints ain't no Saints.

The Texans have never won a thing and wont win a thing with the way you want things done and this is OK if you like having a football team in town and can go out to NRG and drink some beer and eat some BBQ, but dont expect any Lombardi's down on Kirby. But, hey your way of doing business (Texans worthy) has made the McNair's billions so there is that.

If you want a Sunday school class go down to the former Summit and Joel will be more than happy to make your dreams come true. As long as you pay him.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Dude....All it takes is ONE to destroy a locker room. The Pats add Gordon and he didn’t last more than a few games. Gordon wasn’t a locker room cancer....just a dumbass who loves weed. Talib is not a cancer or criminal. Suh’s dirtiness was an early career thing... hasn’t been a issue for years. Peters just sucked at the end in KC and made noise. Then he sucked in LA.

Chiefs added who? Saints? Who?

You have yet to prove it is worth adding criminals or locker room cancers because none of those players qualify. Suh and Talib don’t fall into that category. Peters was trying to be a Diva....not good enough to be that....so KC jettison him. Not a locker room cancer though (not Bell or Antonio Brown’s level).

It tells me you guys know nothing about football. Keep spewing the same “not Texans worthy” BS with no proof. Again, go root for the Cowboys for your criminal player needs.

#2998 Mr.Scarface, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
    body slam likes this.
  19. raining threes

You need to go back and check Talib/Kelce/Hill's recourds.

While your at it read some old articles about Peters.

The Saints have had their share of guys throught the yrs and I didn't look thru their roster. The Pats took on Dillon not to mention Hernandez, also the recently incarcerated Browner. While your at it take a look at Moss and Chandler Jones records.

So no, 1 guy wont destroy your team, if he does the GM/HC should be fired.

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. Browner troubles were YEARS AFTER the Pats. Hernandez was not in trouble with the Pats (aleast no one knew) until the murder.

The only one u can say they took a chance with is Dillon.

Corey Dillon was a wife beater.

Corey Dillon wasn’t a huge reason for the Pats winning.

Moss? Moss troubles were like at 18 years old. He didn’t have legal troubles at Marshall or the NFL ( no the parking cop altercation doesn’t count).

Come On now.....

You are scraping to find someone aren’t you?

Stars usually don’t get in trouble. It is not worth bringing in problems.

You probably think Tyreek Hill would be worth it?

Hunt would have been worth it.